Reservations at Steakhouse Carnival Breeze. Parents 45th wedding anniversary. HELP!!!

rene194215

My parents are sailing May 10th on the Breeze and will be celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary. One of the things my brother and sister wanted to do was treat them to dinner at the steakhouse. (Brother and sister never cruised and I have not eaten in the steakhouse on any cruise)

A few questions-

1. How quickly do time slots get booked? I submitted a reservation a little while ago thinking I would get an OK, booked for 6pm May 16 (sea day) Do you think that I booked too late?

2. Is there a way to get a confirmation?

3. I was told by Carnival you cannot prepay for the steakhouse and the only way is to buy cruise cash. I am ok with this, but a question that was not answered is who should the cruise cash be applied to in order for it to be used at the steakhouse..

Also, when buying the cruise cash can you say who its from, and a message? This is another thing I have never done before.

Any insight would be appreciated!!!

My parents are sailing May 10th on the Breeze and will be celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary. One of the things my brother and sister wanted to do was treat them to dinner at the steakhouse. (Brother and sister never cruised and I have not eaten in the steakhouse on any cruise)

A few questions-

1. How quickly do time slots get booked? I submitted a reservation a little while ago thinking I would get an OK, booked for 6pm May 16 (sea day) Do you think that I booked too late?

2. Is there a way to get a confirmation?

3. I was told by Carnival you cannot prepay for the steakhouse and the only way is to buy cruise cash. I am ok with this, but a question that was not answered is who should the cruise cash be applied to in order for it to be used at the steakhouse..

Also, when buying the cruise cash can you say who its from, and a message? This is another thing I have never done before.

Any insight would be appreciated!!!

What a great gift for your parents! I have never "bought" dinner without being on the ship but here are a couple of suggestions:

First you can email the steakhouse and let them know that you made reservations for your parents and they should be able to help you and confirm you date and time. The email for the Breeze steak house is: brsteakhouse@carnival.com

You can order cruise cash from the fun shops and it will ask you to put what you want on the card so they will know it is from you and what your intent is..... The funds will be applied to there account automatically (you will need the booking number and or ship/sail date) and they will get the gift rec't in the cabin with your note printed on it.

There is not a way to indicate that those funds need to go to the steak house bill but all the charges will be on the account that you applied the funds to so it will all work out and they will know that by your gift note.

Hope they have a wonderful anniversary cruise! Hope that was helpful!

~Tam

There is not a way to indicate that those funds need to go to the steak house bill but all the charges will be on the account that you applied the funds to so it will all work out and they will know that by your gift note.

You can write on the gift note that the $70 Cruise Cash is for their Steakhouse meal. ;) I'm sure someone here at cc can think up a creative and tasteful way of wording that.

What a nice gift!

Since it's no secret that there's a $35/pp charge for the steakhouse, what I would do is get a card, write a note in it explaining that reservations have been made as a gift from whoever, then either put the $70 in the card or a note saying that they will be reimbursed for the charges when they get home. Sign and seal the card and write a note on the outside instructing them not to open it until the morning of the 16th. That will give them time to plan their day to ensure that they can make the reservation. Cruise cash is nice, but there's always a chance that something could go wrong (wrong amount credited, not credited at all, etc) and then you won't be there to straighten it out!

What a great gift for your parents! I have never "bought" dinner without being on the ship but here are a couple of suggestions:

First you can email the steakhouse and let them know that you made reservations for your parents and they should be able to help you and confirm you date and time. The email for the Breeze steak house is: brsteakhouse@carnival.com

You can order cruise cash from the fun shops and it will ask you to put what you want on the card so they will know it is from you and what your intent is..... The funds will be applied to there account automatically (you will need the booking number and or ship/sail date) and they will get the gift rec't in the cabin with your note printed on it.

Hope they have a wonderful anniversary cruise! Hope that was helpful!

~Tam

Hi Tam-

Thank you for the email address! I did not know that one even existed! I will contact them and hopefully they will be able to help me out! I appreciate it!!!

Renee