Sandemans Free London tour?

lawgirl

Anyone done this? Was it worth it? Can you please tell me how to get to starting point at Covenant Garden Piazza? I think I take Picadilly tube line to Liecester Square stop? How long of a walk is it from that tube stop to Covenant Garden if you know. Thanks!

I have never done the tour, but the website looks promising. http://www.newlondon-tours.com/

Yes Leicester Square tube station is the nearest and maybe a ten minute walk to Covent Garden (note the spelling for searches). You might like to allow more time though as Covent Garden is interesting enough to slow you down - there are many coffee shops there too, although we found the service pretty slow when we were there last.

The problem will be that you are part of a fairly large group, just like the ships' tours, except without the benefit of a radio connection. They depend on the guide's loud voice. Although they are Free - you are really expected to (and should) tip the guide at the end.

Edited by Bob++

Either Covent Garden (Piccadilly Line ) or Leicester Square (Northern Line) tube stations are both closeby, within about 5 minutes walk. I've never taken any of the free tours, but my friends have done them in other European cities and enjoyed them. There is nothing to lose. If you don't like it, just leave.

We booked the Sandeman tour in Dublin in July. I have done other "free" tours in the past and I think they're great. The guides are usually locals and give you a more personal view, which we enjoy. They work for tips, but I've never minded, because they work hard, and a decent tip is certainly cheaper than many of the tours out there.