Ropes course on sunshine-- anybody try it?

GrandmaHofmann

How about it? Did you or your children go on the ropes course? How difficult is it? My ten year old grandson loves ropes courses but I am sure it will be much more windy than he is used to.

I'm a 46 year old woman. My 71 year old Dad & I did the ropes course on sunshine in February. It wasn't too difficult. There were all ages of folks participation. We did the course on a port day, so wind wasn't an issue.

We were on Sunshine April 19-27

11 year old boy lived on the rope course. Did it in port and at sea with wind and no wind. The staff shut it down when it gets to windy so that is not a problem

As mentioned the course was being used by all sizes and ages. Our whole family did it numerous times and there are actually two parallel paths on the course with one being easier than the other.

The easier one has more beams/bridges to walk on while the harder one has mainly single ropes. I saw several small kids on the course who could not even reach the top guide rope. All they had to do is hold on to their safety rope line with both hands and walk. It is actually easier that way then using the guide ropes. I did not see a single person fall off the lines and need their harness

Check the fun times each day for the hours for the course as it changes.

My husband (61) and daughter have done the ropes course on the Magic and Sunshine. They always do it when we return from a port and its not crowded. They enjoy it alot and it does have some tricky spots. The main thing to remember is that you have to have close end shoes (no flip flops) and shorts.. (no swimsuits ) Have fun!