The Retreat on Azura

holiday addict

Hi

We are going transatlantic on Azura on 31st Oct and I need to find out more about the Retreat. I am not very much in to spa treatments etc but do want somewhere nice to sunbathe and I dont mind paying extra but do not want all the massages etc. We are going in a Suite so I dont know if the Butler can help once on board.It looks like you have to book before embarkation.Any information on this would be helpful thank you.:confused:

Hi

We are going transatlantic on Azura on 31st Oct and I need to find out more about the Retreat. I am not very much in to spa treatments etc but do want somewhere nice to sunbathe and I dont mind paying extra but do not want all the massages etc. We are going in a Suite so I dont know if the Butler can help once on board.It looks like you have to book before embarkation.Any information on this would be helpful thank you.:confused:

Hi Alison, normally you can purchase a day or half day pass Approx £10 half day £20 full day without all the trimmings. You can ask your butler to reserve a couple of beds for you but normally he will not do that because it is a first come first choice of beds. He would not know which beds you wish to pick,neither would he have the time to stand in a queu.The guests who have purchased packages and those on day only passes require to be in the queue from About 7.30am to ensure that they get the best place to sit in the sun. Alison just be like me and sunbathe on your balcony you can't get any better than that, you balcony is Hugh, also Alison, you will have plenty of sun on your balcony,we never require to sit up on deck to catch the rays because where your cabin is situated you will have sun most of the day especially after you have left the Azores.

Happy sunbathing

Pat

Also booking the retreat does not guarantee you a sun-bed. Apparently they sell more passes than the number of beds!.

Yes davecttr, you are quite correct, unfortunately in March this year on Ventura this did happen. As I said if you are not up early enough to get to the front of the queue you may very well not get a sunbed actually outdoors in the sun and then you are left with seats/ beds under the canopy. One girl was so upset that she demanded to have her money returned to her because she had paid for the complete package and ever time she arrived upstairs to The Retreat on Ventura all the outdoor sunbeds had been taken. The staff suggested that she get up earlier to reserve her sunbed.

"Hello are we not meant to be on holiday":D to relax and not to join in the races for sunbeds. If you want to join the races for sunbeds just join all the other guests racing for sunbeds on any of the decks. You might be out of breath but it will not be so as expensive and at least you will eventually find a bed somewhere facing the sun and at least you will have a red face:o by the time you find one.

Only kidding again.

Alison may I suggest whatever you decide to choose might be a good idea to pack some running shoes. Looking forward to seeing you on board no doubt we will pass each other racing about for a bed, if you find one please reserve one for me. Oh sorry that is not allowed.

Oh I will just stay on the balcony.;)

Pat

Looks like you and Alison will probably be neighbours anyway Pat. Will be handy if you need to borrow a cup of sugar, but you better not upset them with your noisy pre dinner drinks parties;)

Edited by sueandphil

Looks like you and Alison will probably be neighbours anyway Pat. Will be handy if you need to borrow a cup of sugar, but you better not upset them with your noisy pre dinner drinks parties;)

Hello my lovelies, lovely to hear from you,:) hope you are both well,wish you both were on our cruise.It's ok Phil as we are neighbours we are opening up the two balcony doors So as we can dance the Gay Gordons. Scott is taking his Bagpipes with him so Alison is in for a treat, as you know Scott does enjoy playing with his chanter:eek::D Oh, Keith and Sandra are joining us on this cruise and Janice and Alan joining us on Britannia Oct/Nov 2015

Sorry everyone for deviating away from original topic.The Retreat.

Pat