Bermuda and Quantum situation question

I've read where most think that the reason behind Quantum moving was due to Bermuda not having their channel deep enough yet. The Quantum and Liberty are basically the same size with Quantum being just a little larger but both have the same draft at 28ft. If the Liberty could fit at Bermuda, then wouldn't the Quantum be able to also?

I've read where most think that the reason behind Quantum moving was due to Bermuda not having their channel deep enough yet. The Quantum and Liberty are basically the same size with Quantum being just a little larger but both have the same draft at 28ft. If the Liberty could fit at Bermuda, then wouldn't the Quantum be able to also?

I may be mistaken but I believe that it is because the Quantum class is 30 feet longer. 1142 vs 1112 that makes the difference in the turning radius.

At each end the draft is less than 28 feet but on the Quantum there is a longer area that is the full 28 feet of depth.

She may actually be able to do it now if everything was perfect but they need to allow safety margins.