Vision OTS Stateroom 8000 - Category FF (family outside cabin)

My husband and I just got back from a 3 night cruise on the Vision. We were given the opportunity to upgrade to a larger family cabin a few days before (for a fee), as the room had not been booked. I looked online for some pictures and/or reviews and found very little. So I made sure to take a bunch of pictures and here are some reviews of the cabin.

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=10755072027/a=13006995027_13006995027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

1. If you are traveling with children, I think this is an amazing room. We had sooo much space and more storage space than our first apartment. Yes, there is no balcony, but we never missed it.

2. If you are traveling with other adults, I still think it's a great room, but note that the master bedroom is not completely private, as there is no door, it's just a curtain.

3. There are 2 bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a shower/tub (btw, when I booked it, the agent told me there was no tub). However, the shower in bathroom 1 is very very tight. I showered there once and it was difficult. The curtain kept blowing on me and sticking to me as I showered…not good. The other shower/tub was great. Much more room than in a regular cabin.

4. There is only one TV in the main room. No TV in the 2nd bedroom (design flaw I think)

5. Finally, on the morning of departure, we noticed that we were charged suite gratuities. I had asked about this prior to upgrading and was told, that this was not a traditional suite, so we would not get the suite amenities and therefore would be charged for stateroom gratuities. So I spent 45 minutes at guest services trying to get this fixed. 30 minutes waiting in line and 15 minutes arguing with every agent there explaining that is was NOT a suite. I knew prior from reading this board that the cabin next door used to be 8000 and is now 8001 and it is an Owner's Suite. Well, they still have it coded in their system as a suite and are charging as such. I literally had to text my husband to get our camera out of our luggage and show the supervisor pictures of the room to prove that it was not a suite to finally have the problem fixed. I am sure that most people up until now have been overcharged and have not caught the error, so if you are booked in this room, please be aware. Honestly, if we had received great service on this cruise, we wouldn't have bothered, but we did not. Stateroom attendant was ok and service on the ship was sub par at best, but that is an issue for another post and something I think had to do with this being a repositioning cruise.

Overall though, I highly recommend this cabin, ESPECIALLY if traveling with children. The lack of balcony is easily compensated with all the extra space.

Thank you!! We have this stateroom booked for December and have been searching for 3 months for photos/more info. We have 3 kids. We will have to look into the Suite gratuity charges as well, thanks for the heads up on that. Going to look though the photos now!!

Thank you!! We have this stateroom booked for December and have been searching for 3 months for photos/more info. We have 3 kids. We will have to look into the Suite gratuity charges as well, thanks for the heads up on that. Going to look though the photos now!!

This room will be great with 3 kids.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
My husband and I just got back from a 3 night cruise on the Vision. We were given the opportunity to upgrade to a larger family cabin a few days before (for a fee), as the room had not been booked. I looked online for some pictures and/or reviews and found very little. So I made sure to take a bunch of pictures and here are some reviews of the cabin.

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=10755072027/a=13006995027_13006995027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

1. If you are traveling with children, I think this is an amazing room. We had sooo much space and more storage space than our first apartment. Yes, there is no balcony, but we never missed it.

2. If you are traveling with other adults, I still think it's a great room, but note that the master bedroom is not completely private, as there is no door, it's just a curtain.

3. There are 2 bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a shower/tub (btw, when I booked it, the agent told me there was no tub). However, the shower in bathroom 1 is very very tight. I showered there once and it was difficult. The curtain kept blowing on me and sticking to me as I showered…not good. The other shower/tub was great. Much more room than in a regular cabin.

4. There is only one TV in the main room. No TV in the 2nd bedroom (design flaw I think)

5. Finally, on the morning of departure, we noticed that we were charged suite gratuities. I had asked about this prior to upgrading and was told, that this was not a traditional suite, so we would not get the suite amenities and therefore would be charged for stateroom gratuities. So I spent 45 minutes at guest services trying to get this fixed. 30 minutes waiting in line and 15 minutes arguing with every agent there explaining that is was NOT a suite. I knew prior from reading this board that the cabin next door used to be 8000 and is now 8001 and it is an Owner's Suite. Well, they still have it coded in their system as a suite and are charging as such. I literally had to text my husband to get our camera out of our luggage and show the supervisor pictures of the room to prove that it was not a suite to finally have the problem fixed. I am sure that most people up until now have been overcharged and have not caught the error, so if you are booked in this room, please be aware. Honestly, if we had received great service on this cruise, we wouldn't have bothered, but we did not. Stateroom attendant was ok and service on the ship was sub par at best, but that is an issue for another post and something I think had to do with this being a repositioning cruise.

Overall though, I highly recommend this cabin, ESPECIALLY if traveling with children. The lack of balcony is easily compensated with all the extra space.

Is there a fridge in this room?

• 1 year later...

We just booked this room and really appreciate your post, because as you said, there is not much info out there about it. Unfortunately, the link to the pictures is not working for me tho?? I'd love to see them...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the cabin review. Yours is one of the very few and most detailed I've seen. I have booked this for 2017 and I would love to see the pictures you posted but the link no longer works.