norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

Oh...my bad...I obviously misunderstood. Did they try to give you rooms other than those that were on your booking contract? I certainly would hope that they gave you the two room numbers that were specified in your contract.

They didn't put the rooms on different sides of the ship...thats where they were in the design, and that is where they were built in the shipyard. NOBODY said you should pay extra. Where did you get extra from? You booked two rooms because YOU WANTED two rooms and you should pay only for the two rooms that YOU booked.

No I booked two rooms that were supposed to be across from each other so my family could have two rooms TOGETHER. That is what I specifically asked for. NCL said okay here you go, "Here are two rooms across the hall from each other." You do realize I didn't pick the rooms right??

I agree that a letter should be sent to corporate. No name calling, just facts, and explanation of what you want.

I spoke to three different guest services people on the ship, I spoke to our ncl cruise consultant, I spoke to the second cruise consultant who called me 15 minutes after I was on the website (I guess I did something that looked like I wanted to book another cruise). My point is that at sometime this should have been referred up to somebody that would actually call me and try to make this right. They are very quick to call when you want to book a new cruise, yet can't seem to call when an obvious error on their part was made.

People who keep thinking the cabin was booked in the childrens names are misunderstanding how the reservation was made. NCL would not book 2 minors in a cabin without someone over 21 on the reservation. NCL booked 1 adult and 1 child in each cabin. The only way a cabin can be booked with children on the reservation is if there is a connecting door that opens to the connecting cabin, which the OP was looking to do.

When the PCC suggested to put children in a cabin across the hall to have more room the answer should have been no, if I can't have connecting cabins then I'll keep what I have. Putting a 14 & 6 year old alone at night in another cabin, whether directly across or on another floor, regardless, shouldn't be done. The children are alone and 2 closed doors are separating the children from the parents. Anything could happen during the night...they get sick, someone mistakenly knocks on their door during the night, someone putting their key card in the door thinking its their cabin and the children think that one of their parents are trying to come in so they open the door thinking its their parent.

You just need to take this experience as a lesson learned and do more research next time around. 4 people with 2 cabins, I'm sure was used more than just once for sleeping 1 night. There was 2 showers available to use for 4 people to get ready. Refunding the money for that cabin isn't deserved. The cabin was used.

The only part of the issue that I understand is their inability to do anything once on board. Unlike airplanes, hotels and cruise ships don't move other customers to accommodate someone. So if the ship was sold out, there was nothing they *could* do.

I understand that part. What they should have done is say "Oh no, we are so sorry. Unfortunately, the ship is full and we can't move you anywhere else. Would you be willing to accept ... in OBC, tickets to the Illiusionarium, or a refund of ...?"

That would have made it much easier to deal with. Instead nothing but crickets.

My thoughts too, Harriet!

I have said repeatedly that they were 6 and 14. NCL knew since I had to give that information when I booked. I was told they had to book one room for my wife and one child and I was in the other room with another child. They said this is how we need to do it but where anyone sleeps is up to you. That is fine. We understand that if our kids jumped overboard it would be our fault. That isn't what happened. Thank goodness.

There are posters out there that love to point out the NCL "cheerleaders". We need another name for those that think NCL is always wrong even when the facts say otherwise!

The OP clearly stated in post #39 that the PCC clearly told them the kids could not be booked in a room by themselves and the OP agreed to put one parent in each cabin. The PCC was quoted as saying that after they board no one would check up to see who was in each cabin, which is true. The OP claims they didn't know what the red lines and label showing where the corridor was meant, but didn't ask. They asked NCL to change their rooms after boarding on a sold out ship. I wonder at times if adults ever take responsibility for anything in this day and time?? How is NCL the "bad guy"? They changed the OP's room at their request, booked them into two rooms telling them about an adult in each room, and couldn't give them other rooms on a sold out ship.

NCL has a call center that is no better or worse than most every call center in America today! Not saying that poor call centers are a good thing, but minimum wage jobs are what 90% of call centers have today. When you spend thousands and in some cases tens of thousands of dollars, you need to do some due diligence at booking?

You need reading comprehension classes. I was told by NCL that we would have two rooms across the hall from each other. Is that what we received????????

People who keep thinking the cabin was booked in the childrens names are misunderstanding how the reservation was made. NCL would not book 2 minors in a cabin without someone over 21 on the reservation. NCL booked 1 adult and 1 child in each cabin. The only way a cabin can be booked with children on the reservation is if there is a connecting door that opens to the connecting cabin, which the OP was looking to do.

When the PCC suggested to put children in a cabin across the hall to have more room the answer should have been no, if I can't have connecting cabins then I'll keep what I have. Putting a 14 & 6 year old alone at night in another cabin, whether directly across or on another floor, regardless, shouldn't be done. The children are alone and 2 closed doors are separating the children from the parents. Anything could happen during the night...they get sick, someone mistakenly knocks on their door during the night, someone putting their key card in the door thinking its their cabin and the children think that one of their parents are trying to come in so they open the door thinking its their parent.

You just need to take this experience as a lesson learned and do more research next time around. 4 people with 2 cabins, I'm sure was used more than just once for sleeping 1 night. There was 2 showers available to use for 4 people to get ready. Refunding the money for that cabin isn't deserved. The cabin was used.

the beauty is we had the same steward who would gladly tell you how often the cabin was used. Why would I lie about that?

Do more research the next time? Like call the company and ask for guidance on what to do?? Oh yeah I did that this time.

First, I agree the PCC screwed up. When I saw the situation on arrival I would have gone to Guest Services immediately. From knowledge gained on CC I would then have escalated to the HD. I do not see where the OP did that.

If nothing could be done by the HD I would have sucked it up, put DH in one cabin and myself in the other, one kid apiece. I would then go about enjoying my cruise, even if just on the outside, for the sake of the kids. The OP mentioned they were in a mini-suite, even after the change, so I am curious as to why, if the parents did not want to sleep in separate cabins, there was such a space problem...

Anyway, after I arrived home I would have called to further my complaint, but if that failed the last step would be to write a detailed letter, stating the facts and what I would like as a resolution, in a respectful manner. I am not seeing where a letter has been written-only the complaint written here...

oh please. I shouldn't assume they know what they are doing when they are assigning rooms?

It's called do your homework. And why is it that you were able to fond your way to CC when just joining last month and 17 of your 18 posts have all been on this thread. Did you ever think of coming to CC beforehand and asking questions. \

There are a bunch of websites that will give you maybe even show you what your getting. Or

If your that upset then sue them! Or maybe yet stick to camping.

There are posters out there that love to point out the NCL "cheerleaders". We need another name for those that think NCL is always wrong even when the facts say otherwise!

I like to call them Jeerleaders. They clearly use the term Cheerleader as an insult and I thought name calling was against the rules here. Go figure.

the beauty is we had the same steward who would gladly tell you how often the cabin was used. Why would I lie about that?

Do more research the next time? Like call the company and ask for guidance on what to do?? Oh yeah I did that this time.

You found Cruise Critic quickly to lodge your complaints about how terrible the cruise was. There has been numerous posts about how the inside cabins doors are in a separate hallway since the Breakaway started sailing a year ago and the Getaway is the exact layout of the Breakaway. If you didn't want to use the cabin, turn your key cards into guest services. There's proof that the cabin was never used.

You need reading comprehension classes. I was told by NCL that we would have two rooms across the hall from each other. Is that what we received????????

LOL! We have a name for posters like that ... :rolleyes: you will learn fast who to ignore here and who is worth responding to.

I too will never sail NCL again but for different reasons.

We were on the Epic and the service was simply horrendous!

After two days of this I went to guest services and complained vigorously. At first they tried to brush me off but finally when I got the right person further up the chain we got an apology and assured our complaint would be dealt with, which was all I was after. However I have to say that they comped our next meal which was an unexpected nice touch.

It didn't change my opinion about sailing NCL again but did go a long way to redeem them as decent people.

I feel sorry for the OP because like him I would have trusted the NCL person to know all about the cabins and although they are happy to booked a family of four into two rooms and leave the final sleeping arrangements to the parents I think this is morally wrong..... I think their responsibility should not end there. What if they had left the children alone and something had happened to them? Legally would NCL have nothing to worry about? and what of their reputation? how many families would they attract then? It's just my opinion....

It's sad though that even after taking NCL's advice you need to do your own homework..... kinda takes away from the cruise experience!

I'd like to tell the OP to pursue his complaint and to check with everyone at CC before he books his next cruise because we are all here to help each other.....right?

It's called do your homework. And why is it that you were able to fond your way to CC when just joining last month and 17 of your 18 posts have all been on this thread. Did you ever think of coming to CC beforehand and asking questions. \

There are a bunch of websites that will give you maybe even show you what your getting. Or

Come to Cruise Critic, ask a question, somebody will tell you to contact the cruise line.

Call cruise line, ask a question, somebody tells you that you should have used cruise critic.

Well, technically you did receive rooms that were across the hall from each other.

However, the access to them wasn't. The NCL rep should have realized that you needed access too across the hall.

Edited by NMLady

You haven't told us your cabin numbers. However, in Post #83, you say both cabins had the same cabin steward.

That doesn't make sense to me because cabin stewards have consecutive cabins. How was he/she assigned to your balcony cabin as well as the interior cabin?

It's called do your homework.

And by that you mean don't TRUST anything anyone working at NCL tells you. They quite often have no clue what they are talking about. Spend hours and hours finding answers thru other sources to make sure you have the right information.

Lovely way to do business NCL.....

You haven't told us your cabin numbers. However, in Post #83, you say both cabins had the same cabin steward.

That doesn't make sense to me because cabin stewards have consecutive cabins. How was he/she assigned to your balcony cabin as well as the interior cabin?

Not unusual at all. Stewards are assigned blocks of cabins, 15-20 in the same general area. They could be any category.

I can verify this is correct (both cabins having the same steward). We had a balcony and had the same steward as the inside cabins across from ours, but in their own hallway.

I too will never sail NCL again but for different reasons.

We were on the Epic and the service was simply horrendous!

After two days of this I went to guest services and complained vigorously. At first they tried to brush me off but finally when I got the right person further up the chain we got an apology and assured our complaint would be dealt with, which was all I was after. However I have to say that they comped our next meal which was an unexpected nice touch.

It didn't change my opinion about sailing NCL again but did go a long way to redeem them as decent people.

I feel sorry for the OP because like him I would have trusted the NCL person to know all about the cabins and although they are happy to booked a family of four into two rooms and leave the final sleeping arrangements to the parents I think this is morally wrong..... I think their responsibility should not end there. What if they had left the children alone and something had happened to them? Legally would NCL have nothing to worry about? and what of their reputation? how many families would they attract then? It's just my opinion....

It's sad though that even after taking NCL's advice you need to do your own homework..... kinda takes away from the cruise experience!

I'd like to tell the OP to pursue his complaint and to check with everyone at CC before he books his next cruise because we are all here to help each other.....right?

You got an apology and a comped meal and were satisfied with the result of your complaint but you will never sail with them again? You are going to find that you will run out of companies to sail with because stuff happens with any business...

And how is letting parents book 2 cabins that they requested making the company "morally wrong"? Logic is being lost here....please explain.

First, I agree the PCC screwed up. When I saw the situation on arrival I would have gone to Guest Services immediately. From knowledge gained on CC I would then have escalated to the HD. I do not see where the OP did that.

If nothing could be done by the HD I would have sucked it up, put DH in one cabin and myself in the other, one kid apiece. I would then go about enjoying my cruise, even if just on the outside, for the sake of the kids. The OP mentioned they were in a mini-suite, even after the change, so I am curious as to why, if the parents did not want to sleep in separate cabins, there was such a space problem...

Anyway, after I arrived home I would have called to further my complaint, but if that failed the last step would be to write a detailed letter, stating the facts and what I would like as a resolution, in a respectful manner. I am not seeing where a letter has been written-only the complaint written here...

We did go to guest services.... THREE TIMES and every time they said they would look into it they never did. I had to call back and start all over again. I realized we were on a full ship so there was nothing they could do room-wise. However, we paid a premium to have two rooms across the hall from each other instead of having all four of us in a three person room. We didn't mope and complain the rest of the week. We had a good time but that doesn't make what NCL did right. If you paid for a balcony and were stuck in an inside cabin would you be happy? This is essentially what happened to us.

Wow you sure are something. I did do my research. I came on here and from what I saw the one room was going to be cramped so I called NCL and asked them for their advice. Their advice was to get a mini-suite and an inside cabin across the hall. I paid the extra money. Took the rooms that they picked. Got on the ship and found out they screwed up. Came back and sent an email. Waited a week and got no response. Called the customer service line and was on hold for 90 minutes. Gave up. Sent another email. No response.

You feel that is appropriate?

You found Cruise Critic quickly to lodge your complaints about how terrible the cruise was. There has been numerous posts about how the inside cabins doors are in a separate hallway since the Breakaway started sailing a year ago and the Getaway is the exact layout of the Breakaway. If you didn't want to use the cabin, turn your key cards into guest services. There's proof that the cabin was never used.

When did I say the cruise was terrible? I actually said the ship was very nice and we had a good time. My only complaint is that with the help of NCL i paid for one thing and received something quite different. You are a much better person than me I guess. If I pay for something I assume the company is going to deliver what they promise.