Getaway Aft Facing Balconies?

It would depend on where the sun was in the sky and which direction the ship was going in. Almost always the last 4' would be sunny and the rest shaded. The day I took those pictures we were docked in St. Maarten and the balcony was very shaded. (but those were all I had to post). Afternoons on the first 2 sea days when we were heading east, almost the whole balcony had sun. (sometimes too much since over the years I have had a little too much sun exposure). There is a little bit of a "tunnel" effect due to the shorter width in relation to the length which I think you can appreciate from the pictures. The regular balconies on the sides of the ship give you more of a picture window effect from inside the stateroom but of course the balcony itself is much shallower.

Sitting on the balcony now? Dreading getting off the ship :-P the balcony worked out perfect. Just the right amount of sun/shade throughout the trip! It looks a lot more narrow/tunnel like in the pictures. I was very surprised at how open it feels even though there is a huge metal wall blocking us from the next balcony over. Great place to watch the fireworks away from the crowds. I'm going to miss this ship :-(

When I get home and weed through my 1000+ pics, I'll post some of the pictures I took of the balcony. It came in very handy when we were leaving Miami last Sat and it was pouring, we still got to enjoy sail away.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

We had originally booked on deck 13 too. We switched to deck 9 after seeing pictures of the huge balconies on deck 9. Loved it there. Had room for two regular chairs and two lounge chairs with plenty of room to spare.