Room key question

Hi,

We have booked 2 cabins, one for the kids and one for us. We booked them though with 1 adult in each cabin as per the cruise lines rules. My question is how do I get extra keys so that when I go to my husbands room I can get in and my son will be able to get into his sisters room. We could switch keys, but they will have our names on them since these are our sea passes. Any suggestions from those that have done this would be appreciated.

you didn't have to book it that way. As long as the rooms are adjacent, it's ok. We booked it that way twice with no trouble. We also had a third room with kids in it, no adult and then we went to guest relations and told them we were switching which kids were in each room, got extra keys made no one blinked an eye.

Our TA told us to do the same thing, although she said we had to put at least one adult on the booking in each cabin. Once we board the ship, we are to go to the pursurer's desk and have them rearrange the cabin assignments with my husband and I in one cabin and our daughters in the cabin across the hall. She told us that this is very common and acceptable.

That seems to be what TAs tell their customers. If you book directly through RCI, you can book your kids in their room with no adult - our 17 year old son was the primary name on their room, which was across the hall from ours. The nice is you don't have to go through the song and dance of changing the keys. We just asked for an extra key for their room, which took no time at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived