It pays to check for price drops.

Went in this morning and found some good savings. I have two balcony cabins booked on the Jewel out of Houston. By changing my res from Jan to Dec I was able to save $752 dollars on the two cabins. Not chump change by any means. Saved enough to pay for my shore excursions. :-)

Hi, Lawton.. We are on that Cruise with you, Dec 13. Way to go on the Savings. It pays to be Flexible (pun intended). I, too, saw the price drops yesterday. We, myself and 'the Elder'(my sister), had booked a Mid-ship Balcony @ $719. Prices now were $749 and the Mini-suites were the same $. I called about upgrade to the Mini-suite for us. Able to get it for the $30 difference to a Gty. Not sure about location so giving up the prime Mid-ship location for the Unknown but we would rather have the extra room in the cabin. We are cabin dwellers and it is worth the shot. Also, may have opportunity to bring grandkids with us. We are not picky so going on Faith.

Anyway... glad you will be onboard with us. We do have a Roll Call going. Please join.

Went in this morning and found some good savings. I have two balcony cabins booked on the Jewel out of Houston. By changing my res from Jan to Dec I was able to save $752 dollars on the two cabins. Not chump change by any means. Saved enough to pay for my shore excursions. :-)

Good job.

Now book the shore excursions with private companies instead of NCL, and save even more.

Agree with periodically checking prices... I was on the NCL site a few weeks ago "pricing" our upcoming trip & found that applying the "Military" discount in lieu of AARP saved nearly $500pp. In addition, we also picked up a $100 OBC as a Latitudes bonus.

I copied screenshots from NCL's web site to an email, which I sent to our TA... the next day, I received the updated confirmation... and still kept the $300 OBC from the TA!!!

Edited by azappraiser

Agree with periodically checking prices... I was on the NCL site a few weeks ago "pricing" our upcoming trip & found that applying the "Military" discount in lieu of AARP saved nearly $500pp. In addition, we also picked up a $100 OBC as a Latitudes bonus.

I copied screenshots from NCL's web site to an email, which I sent to our TA... the next day, I received the updated confirmation... and still kept the $300 OBC from the TA!!!

I check all 3 discounts, AARP, Military & Latitudes & usually only the AARP comes up. How come? Do they pop up closer to sail date?

AARP is usually available for almost every cruise. Military and Latitudes is only available on select cruises. NCL usually will not allow you to "stack" discounts, so getting two or three of these for one cruise is unlikely.

By rechecking recently for our Dec. 2014 cruise, I was able to upgrade from a mid-ship balcony (BA-one of the angled "little bit of extra balcony space" on the Getaway) to a large balcony (B6) for $5/pp. Not a fan of them being forward on the ship (going from mid-ship to forward doesn't feel like an upgrade), but worth it to fit two loungers out there!

Edited by weltek

I check all 3 discounts, AARP, Military & Latitudes & usually only the AARP comes up. How come? Do they pop up closer to sail date?

The "Military" rate I received wasn't on NCL's web site for long... I was lucky to catch it when I did. I must emphasize that copying screenshots of each page into the email I sent my TA was crucial to providing proof that the discount existed. We tried a day earlier (by phone) and were told that the discount did not apply to that particular sailing... until I presented the proof. ;)

Edited by azappraiser