Norwegian Getaway Port or Starboard? St. Thomas-Tortola Itinerary

goeva

• 8 months later...

I have a similar itinerary upcoming on this ship and the same question.

Any port/starboard recommendations for Getaway's "7-Day Eastern Caribbean, Round-trip Miami - Inaugural Season" trip?

This goes Miami -> Philipsburg, St. Maarten -> St. Thomas-> Nassau -> Miami.

Thank you.

Not taking legs to/from Miami or fireworks into account, there is no right or wrong. On the ships that have fireworks, they are shot from port side of the ship so you can watch those directly from your own port side balcony.

Many here ask about which side is better for sceneries in ports but there is no guaranteed direction in which the ship docks in each port. While there can be a position in which the ship docks more often, direction still varies from cruise to cruise because of technical issues, lifeboat testing schedules, maintenance needs, etc.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm looking at staterooms on the fourteenth deck, and my understanding from reading reviews here is that an overhang there will obscure my view of fireworks. So, I'd probably have to venture out for those anyway.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm looking at staterooms on the fourteenth deck, and my understanding from reading reviews here is that an overhang there will obscure my view of fireworks. So, I'd probably have to venture out for those anyway.

Yep, forgot about the overhangs in some parts of the ship. We had a spa suite on deck 14 fwd and it worked perfectly.