Beer in Galveston?

Yumm, being in Colorado finding Fat Tire here isn't a problem :D We did however live in the Houston area 11 years ago. FYI if it's still the same any beer at the grocery store is 3:2 beer. Make sure you hit a liquor store for the good stuff.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I can't answer you exactly, but I'm sure there is a place on the Strand. I can picture it, but can't name it. It's within walking distance. Just ask someone when you get there. Also, please don't forget to try a Shiner while you're here. A really good Texas beer!

You should be able to get Fat Tire in any large grocery store such as Kroger’s or Albertsons except on Sunday morning as alcoholic beverages cannot be sold until noon.

As for 3.2 beer, I have been drinking beer in Houston for 25 years and never managed to find a 3.2 beer yet. Of course I wasn't looking for it either

Regards

Roger

When you get your Fat Tire...Give Shiner Bock a try! A local brew, outstanding!

I do enjoy Shiner Bock too, I am very fond of Fat Tire though, and we are traveling from CO, and thought it would be easier to grab a case down there, instead of carting it with us on the plane.

Maybe we will grab a six of shiner, to make you all happy too.;)

We will be sailing out of Galveston also and I would like to pick up a six pack of shiner bock and give it a try, will I be able to buy it after noon on Sunday we will be coming in from IAH on a RC bus and will probably get there about 1pm. Is the shiner bock a light or a dark beer. I also planing on trying red stripe in the islands.

I am pretty sure if you walk south to the Strand (1 block), take a right, there is a place just a little ways down on the right. Don't remember the name. It is a small convenience type tourist store so I imagine prices will be a bit high. If you want a regular grocery store I think that would require a 5 minute cab ride. I will check with some Galveston locals I know and see if they have any better ideas. When is your cruise?

I am pretty sure if you walk south to the Strand (1 block), take a right, there is a place just a little ways down on the right. Don't remember the name. It is a small convenience type tourist store so I imagine prices will be a bit high. If you want a regular grocery store I think that would require a 5 minute cab ride. I will check with some Galveston locals I know and see if they have any better ideas. When is your cruise?

Thanks, we leave on Sunday the 14th.

Ok, one person says Bob's Grocery is the closest. It's still a small convenice type store. No large stores within walking distance. It's at the corner of 21st and Post Office. 21st St runs up to the area right in front of the port and Post Office St. is 3 or 4 blocks down. We don't know if they carry Fat Tire, but will try to check that out this week.

Archived