NO Irons Rule ????

On my Voyager cruise last year, at least three people (that I personally spoke with) had their irons confiscated - I'm sure there were many more. Of course, it will be returned after the cruise. So, I guess it's the same as with smuggled booze - if they find it (and then can pretty easily with metal detectors/x-rays), they'll take it.

Never heard of such a thing. I have taken my iron on 19 cruises including Voyager and no one ever said a thing.

Guest OBAYbee
Never heard of such a thing. I have taken my iron on 19 cruises including Voyager and no one ever said a thing.

Neither have I. And I too am a seasoned traveler. Frankly, I question the above posters statement, no offense but I don’t see how they could confiscate an iron. There is no written rule that bans irons ANYWHERE on the RCCL website or in the documents you are sent. (I went through mine last night for this very reason.)

What about curling irons? Professional curling irons get just as hot as irons. From a safety stand point, most irons when tipped or left unattended turn themselves off automatically. I could go on and on but I will spare the thread my numerous comparisons.

When the cruise line starts confiscating cigarettes then I will believe they confiscate irons LOL!! My guess is that there are many more people that smoke in the cabin then iron on a vacation ;)

Archived