Explorers Caribbean dec 8, 2005

bonni99

Hello,

Both the American and UK Cunard web sites still list San Juan as the first port of call for this sailing.

Where does this information concerning San Juan come from?

Why would this port be removed from the itinerary?

Thanks!

The reason San Juan has been removed from recent voyages is because the Harbor needed to be dredged in order to enable QM2 to due to safely anchor there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cunard added an extra sea day, or exchanged St. Vincent for San Juan and made the first port of call St.Thomas or St. Martin.

Cruiserking

I am going on this cruise also. I called Cunard and they said San Juan is still on the schedule. Knowing Cunard (aka Princess) they never have the story straight. However, I don't think we will be going unless the harbor is dredged. I was ther in Dec on QE2 and QE2 had a problems leaving. I noticed that a lot sand and muck was coming to the top of water when she was leaving. Since both ships have the same draft I don't see how QM2 could go in without a problem.

I am going on this cruise also. I called Cunard and they said San Juan is still on the schedule. Knowing Cunard (aka Princess) they never have the story straight. However, I don't think we will be going unless the harbor is dredged. I was ther in Dec on QE2 and QE2 had a problems leaving. I noticed that a lot sand and muck was coming to the top of water when she was leaving. Since both ships have the same draft I don't see how QM2 could go in without a problem.

Can they use tenders for us to go to San Juan as they do for three other ports that we will be going to?

Archived