Concierge in Epic's Haven

Slark

We have had the concierge service on several ships; our most responsive was on the fairly small Spirit. She was fantastic (Monica, who has since been promoted…) On our cruse on the Pearl the concierge was almost invisible, but we were not in the actual Haven - rather a two BR PH forward.

On the much larger Epic we will be in a DOS, but I wonder: with many suites to look after, just how valuable is the concierge? I can envision the butler being far more useful.

Any thoughts?

Also, when can we find out who the concierge will be? We sail in late July.

I think it really depends on you and your needs.

If you will be requiring service outside of your suite (excursions, early port access, use of a conference room, etc.) then you would be using the concierge.

If you are more focused on service in your suite (parties, special room service meals, snacks, etc.) then your butler will be your go-to person.

It is possible that if you post the question "Who is the butler in July, Epic) that someone who is familiar with that ship and the concierge schedules may reply.

We have had the experience of expecting someone because of what they told us earlier in the year, but then upon boarding we discovered there had been a switcheroo!

Have a wonderful cruise!

The Epic, Star and Dawn have almost the same number of suites. We have never had an issue getting excellent concierge service on the Star and Dawn. The Epic concierge tends to stay at the concierge desk for some reason. Also the Epic concierge has a full time assistant, while the Star and Dawn only have a part time assistant. Two hours in the morning, two in the evening. You should get better concierge service on the Epic, but in my experience that does not happen.

I believe the person who is the concierge makes the difference, not the ship.

Edited by Love my butler

The Epic, Star and Dawn have almost the same number of suites. We have never had an issue getting excellent concierge service on the Star and Dawn. The Epic concierge tends to stay at the concierge desk for some reason. Also the Epic concierge has a full time assistant, while the Star and Dawn only have a part time assistant. Two hours in the morning, two in the evening. You should get better concierge service on the Epic, but in my experience that does not happen.

I believe the person who is the concierge makes the difference, not the ship.

I have to agree with you here in regards to the Epic concierge