Questions about Dolphin and Stingray excursions

uz2teech

YOu dont need to be able to swim, but you need to be able to stand in chest high water. AS long as you are calm in the water, you will be fine. The stingray excursion is 30 minutes from shore on a sand bar so you are in the open ocean. We did both on our last cruise and loved it!

When we did Stingray City the water was very rough that day (the afternoon excursion was cancelled and they were offering refunds for ours if we wanted to cancel) so not knowing how to swim it probably would have been scary. We were getting knocked around by the waves, and at times were unable to touch the bottom. I think on a non-stormy, pretty day it would be a whole other story though. They did warn us ahead of time of the conditions though, and offer a complete refund incase we were uncomfortable going.

Thank you! I am pretty comfortable in chest-high water, so I think I will be fine. I thought I had heard that you had to swim from the boat to the sand bar during the stingray excursion.

Thank you! I am pretty comfortable in chest-high water, so I think I will be fine. I thought I had heard that you had to swim from the boat to the sand bar during the stingray excursion.

The boat got pretty close...maybe had to swim a few feet, if that. The one I did was the Allura Catamaran through Carnival (highly recommend!).