Haven Spa Suite? Do it?

jfried8

We are currently booked in an aft balcony for $1389 a person on the Breakaway in late August/early September. I just saw the Haven Spa suites dropped to $1949 a person. Is this a good deal for these rooms or should we wait till we get closer to departure? Is it worth the extra $1200 in total cost? We'd save $160 in planned vibe costs and get an extra $100 in OBC. We also would forgo the UDP which would save us $240. This is a total savings of $500 Altho we'd now have Butler costs.... Give me opinions people! What would you do?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I am booked in my first Haven spa suite this Aug 9. Soooo excited! I would definitely do it!! All the perks I have read about it on here convinced me. You will save the 2 vibe passes and UDPwhich totals which is about a $400 savings so it is 800 more. It is personal, but I would rather skimp before my vacation, and go all out. Also, there is a HSN promotion where when you are booked in the Haven you get the UDP for free and $100. I noticed the promotion after I booked but they added it to my reservation for me. Just look up HSN norwegian promotion, fill out the online form, they mail you a number and call NCL or your travel agent with the number.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

i wish we could afford the haven - if you can afford it, do it!

However, be sure to weigh the pros and cons...since its just me and my husband, we just dont think the haven is worth it, too much space for just the two of us, we are barely in our room,etc. We would rather spend that extra money on alcohol, dining packages, etc

but to each their own!

Well the haven spa suites are not much larger than a standard balcony... We are willing to pay a premium for the food and service, perks, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

We did a similar upgrade last year on the Epic. We had originally booked an aft-facing balcony cabin and about 4 weeks before the sailing date they had only one suite left, and that was a Haven Spa suite, and probably because it was the very last suite available and just a few weeks until sailing they dropped the price significantly and we paid a little over $400 p.p. for the upgrade. Both DH and myself are not "spa lovers", but the Haven access on the Epic still made it totally worth it for us. Just be aware that the bathtub takes up quite much space in the Spa Suite - I guess it will not be much different from the Epic in that regard. But the Spa suite was still nice - and the bathroom very, very nice with "spa tiles" and a more "exclusive" shower than the regular one.

I would say: GO FOR IT!

We did something similar for our June sailing on Getaway. Had a Spa Balcony cabin booked at $1450 pp. We kept watching the price of the Haven Spa Suite drop. until I couldn't wait any longer. I pulled the trigger and upgraded to the suite at $1826 pp. Cost an extra $752. Our original cabin got us a $50 OBC the suite nabed a $300 OBC. So for an extra $502 we got the suite. NOW, are you going to use the spa, that is another $400ish for 2 weekly spa passes if not in a spa cabin so you could figure that in also. BTY, 2 days after final payment the price of our cabin went up $1800.:eek:......GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Edited by miataman19

The Haven Spa suites are not actually in the Haven. The balcony will be smaller than the current balcony you have. While the Haven Restaurant is wonderful, the menu does not change. They will have a special each night in addition to the regular menu, but it will be the same special as what the MDR restaurant is offering. There is still a good chance you would want to keep the UDP even though you could eat in the Haven Restaurant.

You have to think about why you booked your Aft Balcony. If you did that because of location and size, you have to think if going to a smaller balcony cabin not aft is worth it to you. Think about if you would use the spa often enough to warrant the price.

You can also wait and see if a Haven Penthouse or aft balcony is available for a cheaper price closer to your sailing and change to that. The Haven Penthouse room will be located in the Haven and will be larger than the Haven Spa room. The Haven Aft balcony room will larger than both.