The Sea Called...We Answered! Our Week Onboard the Oasis 4/26-5/3...Western Caribbea

Day 2: Oasis Dunes and Oasis of Dreams

The 9 o'clock showing of Oasis of Dreams was fully underway when we finished dinner, so we decided to burn off some of that food we just ate. We headed up to deck 15 to Oasis Dunes, the mini golf course on the sports deck. It was a perfect night to be outside, and by the looks of the sports deck other passengers felt the same way. We wandered over to the Flow Riders to let the crowd dwindle a little. Both of them were up and running with what looked like the sports staff having some late night fun!

imagejpg21_zpse44674ed.jpg

We snapped some other pictures of the different views from the sports deck.

imagejpg19_zpsf3777d51.jpg

This was the closest to the zip line as we got all week. We had done that adventure on the Allure and had a quick thrill but it wasn't high on our to do list for this trip. Maybe if the the hours of operation were more varied we might have made our way over there. From that angle you are able to see the back of the Windjammer as well as the loft suites.

imagejpg20_zps90f91663.jpg

Hellllooooo Down There!!!! A view looking down on the Aqua Theater

There was still a few groups on the green but we grabbed some putters and two rubber like golf balls and got to playing. It looked as if they no longer offered score cards so make sure your math skills are up to par!

While up on the sports deck we noticed quite a large crowd gathered up top above the view overlooking the boardwalk. They pulled chairs over and watched the show in the Aqua Theater from all the way up there. It wasn't a bad view if you just wanted the gist of the show and not care about the small details of the production. Since we were able to see and hear the show from all the way above we knew when the 9 o'clock showing had wrapped up. At that point we headed down to the Boardwalk Bar to grab some drinks, frozen mudslides to be exact, before we sat for the show. Again this was one of those occasions where your Seapass was scanned for reservation conformation. The whole middle section of the Aqua Theater like other entertainment venues was roped off for Suite, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle guests. Even though we arrived early good seating was limited. We went to sit on the left side of the theater when we stopped in our tracks. The soot from the smoke stacks had fallen all over the seats and ground of the Aqua Theater! It was so bad crew members came over to try and clean some of it to allow guests to take a seat. It seemed that whole back end of the ship had a slight coating. In the future I would either bring a towel or at least not wear white shorts. Yes, our clothes did get stained. We grabbed two seats on the wooden benches mixed in with the beach like chairs in the theater. Be aware the first few rows are part of the splash zone and let's say "splash" is an under statement.

imagejpg13_zps502f5641.jpg

imagejpg12_zpsf18fa916.jpg

You did not need a reservation to sit at those high top tables in the back.

imagejpg9_zps9bc5757c.jpg

Throughout the day you can catch the performers rehearsing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

imagejpg25_zpsfd742054.jpg

Look up when your sitting in the Aqua Theater and you may catch this guy flying high!

imagejpg27_zpsd5e7052d.jpg

The most unique photo opportunity on the ship

imagejpg23_zps67da5386.jpg

A little out of order but an evening picture of Oasis Dunes

Back to Oasis of Dreams! While waiting for the show to begin, mini bio's of the performers appeared on the two mega screens located on either side of the pool. Let's just say Royal Caribbean only hires the best. After the show was over we realized to put on a show of this magnitude at sea you needed the best. Wow! There wasn't much of a story line, or at least one that was easy enough to interpret, but their physical abilities out shined all. This is a must see. We had found that the 10:45 showing was a lot less crowded than the 9 o'clock.

imagejpg24_zps35c8e4bc.jpg

imagejpg22_zps196759bc.jpg

We weren't ready to call it a night just yet so we wandered around the ship for a bit. While walking thru the Promenade we came across Sorrento's. Since it had only been 3 hours since our last meal, pizza at midnight seemed necessary! Being from Jersey my DH and I know what great pizza should be, sorry Chicago, but we still enjoy ship pizza. We don't enjoy the pizza because it's the best thing we ever ate but because it's cruise nostalgic, if that makes sense. It's kind of like the Honey Stung Chicken, sour dough rolls, or even the old red fruit punch that was only offered in the Windjammer. You don't eat it because it's great you just enjoy it on a cruise. I was slightly disappointed though on this trip because the pizza was lacking compared to other ships. The cheese never seemed completely melted and the dough barely cooked. This was a disappointment since Oasis class ships offer a customize your own pizza station inside of Sorrento's. They make made to order personal size pizzas with a wide variety of toppings. The hours are slightly more limited than Sorrento's itself. The slight disappointment with the pizza did not stop me though from "tasting" it throughout the week.

On the Allure they offered complimentary virtual postcards in the On Air karaoke studio in the Promenade. You would go in a small recording sound room and design a virtual 30 second postcard that could be emailed home. This small but fun feature was missing from the Oasis, so we headed forward to deck 7 to the computer lab to send a regular email home after applying our credits. Internet connection was semi fast compared to other royal ships but still not great.

We made it a point to cut thru Central Park as much as possible during the week. Since our cabin was also located on deck 8 it made it very convenient. During our walk back that night we meet two gentlemen who were very private but very welcoming at the same time. They were doing a B2B2B2B..........sailing. They have been onboard since her inaugural season and decided to stay. Their names are Ranznor and Garry.

imagejpg33_zps607e9fd5.jpg

imagejpg39_zps78f48312.jpg

imagejpg38_zps22be0b32.jpg

They even have official Royal Caribbean name tags

Just as we thought our socializing was over for the evening we meet one more friend. He apparently got carried away with his drink package because we found him sleeping in our bed!

imagejpg18_zpsb1051942.jpg

Our new friend we discovered in our bed

Up Next: Day 3 Labadoozies

Random question--on an Allure review I read that you can charge your iphone in the docking station (think on the clock?)--is that the same on Oasis? And if so, do you know if it works for the iphone 5?

Thanks again!

Same iPhone4 docking stations on Oasis and Allure.

I bought a photobucket package so this should fix the picture problem. I'm working on restoring past pictures that were deleted off the review. I hope everyone is still enjoying the enjoy even with this glitch!

Photos show now! Thanks for the review. Enjoying it. We were on Oasis in 2012 and are going back in 2015. So this has been fun for me to read. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Are you able to view the pictures from my last post? The ones from the aqua theater?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought a photobucket package so this should fix the picture problem. I'm working on restoring past pictures that were deleted off the review. I hope everyone is still enjoying the enjoy even with this glitch!

Sorry you had to spend money for the pictures on your review but I'm following and thank you for all of the great information! We sail on Oasis June 21st and this is helping us with a lot of info! Thanks again for your time and now your money :)

Kevin

Sorry you had to spend money for the pictures on your review but I'm following and thank you for all of the great information! We sail on Oasis June 21st and this is helping us with a lot of info! Thanks again for your time and now your money :)

Kevin

I'm really enjoying doing this review and I'm glad other people are enjoying it as well! Are you able to view the photos now even the newest ones from last night?

The pictures look great--thanks!

Are the towels now just "honor system" at the pool decks or do you still need to sign them out with a seapass card?

Only have to sign them out if you are taking them off the ship otherwise it's honor system.