Going no drink package - dangerous?

This may have been said already, but sodas are about $2.50? I don't know if $20 a day is even worth it. If a kid bellies up to a bar, they are likely to be ignored. In my experience the bartenders aren't putting package carriers at the top of their priority list. I am going to hit a store and bring sodas on board.

Don't think there was any judging or critiquing , just stated a simple fact that there are people on here that do Flame for certain things.

Nowhere did I say it was right or wrong, just have read many , many threads where it happens.

Well, of course it's wrong but so is driving over the speed limit.

The only way things like sharing a drink package become someone else's business, IMO, is when the cost of the package increases because of sharing or the rule is reinstated that all cabin mates must buy the package.

Personally someone using the package to get a drink for someone else now and then isn't even on my radar. For all I know you didn't like the 1st drink and rather than throw it out you offered it to someone else and got yourself a different drink.

This may have been said already, but sodas are about $2.50? I don't know if $20 a day is even worth it. If a kid bellies up to a bar, they are likely to be ignored. In my experience the bartenders aren't putting package carriers at the top of their priority list. I am going to hit a store and bring sodas on board.

The $20 package also includes specialty coffee and stuff, if all you want is soda they offer that for $4.50 (17 and under) or $6.50(18+) per day which is just a couple of sodas worth. If the ship has the freestyle machines this can be am especially good deal since they have a WIDE variety of drinks and you don't have to wait on bartenders (especially since having to go up to a bar to get refills can be somewhat intimidating for a child) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's why my hubby will not be intoxicated! ;) I'm not outgoing enough (even drunk) to raise (or fall!) to that level, however I do get a little silly! I'm ok with that, I will probably never see these people again and as long as I'm not ruining anyone else's fun then I'll have no regrets about having a few! I do get hangovers so I never drink enough to get thoroughly drunk, I just keep a nice buzz going :D I did enough drinking in my misguided youth to know my limits.

You might not want too drink to much if you are going to The Quest. The Mommies Gone Wild usually do some very... I guess the politest word would be INTERESTING... things at The Quest.

Some things can't be unseen and with the videos, aren't.

Edited by poncho1973

You might not want too drink to much if you are going to The Quest. The Mommies Gone Wild usually do some very... I guess the politest word would be INTERESTING... things at The Quest.

Some things can't be unseen and with the videos, aren't.

Thanks for the tip! I plan on just observing quest but if I'm overly tipsy I may find myself in a...compromising position! ;) hehe

It happens to the best of us in different ways. I went and played ball with some teenagers a few months ago thinking I still had it. Oh, I had it! Where "it" was that I could barely walk for 2-3 days after.

Too funny! :D:D Reminds me of DH on our Celebrity cruise. DH has played basketball all his life and he is good , but this old guy completely kicked her butt on the court ... poor DH to this day he keeps saying but but but I was in my flip flops :D:D

Oh and as far as the thread goes ... not worth the package for us ... If we ever buy it I'd be one of those moms passed out in the hot tub while her kid is running around rampant

From everything I read you have to have very high tolerance to be able to break even (forget about savings) ... The cruise line knows what they are doing .. they have teams of marketing and research, forecast analysts or whatever else to tell them they are getting THEIR moneys worth .. if they weren't they would not be offering drinks packages

Too funny! :D:D Reminds me of DH on our Celebrity cruise. DH has played basketball all his life and he is good , but this old guy completely kicked her butt on the court ... poor DH to this day he keeps saying but but but I was in my flip flops :D:D

I tore these kids up. I like to sing the Toby Keith song "As Good As I Once Was" with the line "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" when I think about that day.

They were all like 14-18 and were completely shocked and amazed. They are my friend's kids and nephews. I was all over them, looking like a champ. My shots were falling, my blocks were insane, my moves were awesome, and I was the king of the court.

I really started feeling it toward the end of the first game, so I just begged off playing the second game and blamed it on needing to go hang with the "boring adults and pretend to be old." Honestly, they moved so fast that I was exhausted. They kept playing all afternoon and came in singing my praises about how young I was compared to the regular dads.

I just smiled and pretended to be fine. I wasn't. HAHAHAHAHA

That's why my hubby will not be intoxicated! ;) I'm not outgoing enough (even drunk) to raise (or fall!) to that level, however I do get a little silly! I'm ok with that, I will probably never see these people again and as long as I'm not ruining anyone else's fun then I'll have no regrets about having a few! I do get hangovers so I never drink enough to get thoroughly drunk, I just keep a nice buzz going :D I did enough drinking in my misguided youth to know my limits.

Thanks to a very nice lady on my last cruise, I can help you out with the hangover issue. Like you, I didn't drink around my DS, when he was young. He's in college now, but I still don't drink much at home. DH & I were celebrating our 20th anniversary at sea & I could foresee much wine & champagne in my future. :p The only problem is I was terrified I was going to have a hangover every morning for 10 days straight. :eek: I was mostly concerned that I would feel lethargic the entire cruise. Out of desperation, I asked on the roll call for anti-hangover tips & one of the ladies recommended taking 2 blue green algae pills http://www.amazon.com/AMERICAN-HEALTH-Klamath-Shores-Green/dp/B000NJQD2W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399924628&sr=8-2&keywords=blue-green+algae each night before bed. Start taking them a few days, before your cruise. To cover my bases I also took 2 in the morning. I don't know if I needed to, but I wanted to make sure it worked. :o As I suspected, I drunk way more wine & champagne than my fair share & didn't get a hangover once.

Thanks to a very nice lady on my last cruise, I can help you out with the hangover issue. Like you, I didn't drink around my DS, when he was young. He's in college now, but I still don't drink much at home. DH & I were celebrating our 20th anniversary at sea & I could foresee much wine & champagne in my future. :p The only problem is I was terrified I was going to have a hangover every morning for 10 days straight. :eek: I was mostly concerned that I would feel lethargic the entire cruise. Out of desperation, I asked on the roll call for anti-hangover tips & one of the ladies recommended taking 2 blue green algae pills http://www.amazon.com/AMERICAN-HEALTH-Klamath-Shores-Green/dp/B000NJQD2W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399924628&sr=8-2&keywords=blue-green+algae each night before bed. Start taking them a few days, before your cruise. To cover my bases I also took 2 in the morning. I don't know if I needed to, but I wanted to make sure it worked. :o As I suspected, I drunk way more wine & champagne than my fair share & didn't get a hangover once.

Thanks so much for the tip! I'll have to try that! :D

Sorry to muddy the waters but I contacted RCI about non alcoholic frozen cocktails as I will 100% go for the royal replenish package if they were included - here is the response:

Me:

4. In the royal replenish package, does this include non-alcoholic frozen cocktails?

5. In the royal replenish package, what are the non-alcoholic cocktails?

RCI

4. Not frozen. Only regular non-alcoholic cocktails.

5. Fruit juice mixes with grenadine and mint. Any "virgin" cocktails.

Guest Services sometimes answers like that, sometimes doesn't. Most of the time on the ships, frozen no-booze drinks are given with Replenish.

I always wonder...if frozen drinks aren't included, WHAT on earth are they saying IS included? Sodas and juice, pretty much. And those are included or free anyway. It makes no sense to say that frozen mocktails aren't included, really. It's someone not understanding what a "virgin cocktail" is.

Just got off the Navigator on Sunday and I purchased the $55 a day package. Think one of the lost facts here is the soda package by itself is $20.

The soda package isn't $20. The $20 package is Replenish, which includes sodas AND bottled waters AND sparking waters AND virgin drinks AND specialty coffees (not from the named Starbucks venue on Oasis and Allure, but from the other espresso stands on the various ships including Oasis and Allure).

Soda package is something like 6.50 per day for adults and less for kids.