Galaxy Itinerari Change?

STEFY14

Today the Galaxy was scheduled in Kusadasi, but visiting Clebrity@sea, I notice that the ship stopped in Pireus (scheduled for tomorrow) instead Kusadasi.

Does anyone knows the next port of call which replaced Pireus?

Yes, we were on Galaxy and were very disappointed that they cancelled Kusadasi/Ephesus, as this was one of the main reasons (along with Istanbul) that we picked this particular itinerary. I understand they were worried about the bombing there, but it was still very frustrating, especially because Olympia was the replacement.

The itinerary was supposed to be Istanbul July 30-31, Kusadasi Aug 1, Athens Aug 2. Instead, they moved Athens up to Aug 1, right after Istanbul, and inserted Katakalon/Olympia on Aug 2. This change made us leave Istanbul at 12 noon instead of 3 PM on Sunday, so they could get to Athens on time, though we did get in to Istanbul at 1 PM instead of 2 PM on Saturday.

Hello there, as for the change in itinerary for the Galaxy Eastern Med cruise, I would say--in terms of a person not being able to stop at Kusadasi-Ephesus, that it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Literally there are thousands of tourists there daily during the summer season, from all kinds of cruises and from other land tour groups, and from college and graduate-level students studying history, archaeology, religious studies, anthropolgy. For example, to see the main archaeological excavation of the Ephesus library, you have to amble your way shoulder to shoulder through tons of people on rough cobbletsone, part of the tour will take you through unpaved dirty dusty pathways. Plus it is pretty hot....100 degrees (F) at 8:30a.m. Surely it can be a grand experience, just know there can be lots and lots and lots of people, probably the most concentrated swarming of people of the entire cruise.

Hi there!

I too was on the Jul 25th sailing which took in Olympia. We found it a great place to go to the beach - but defnitely not the beach at the port which looked cramped, stoney and quite dangerous (attempted to venture onto it but saw a girl screaming in pain as she had cut herself on the stones) and it was littered with...erm, nightime debris, lets call it.

Better to take a taxi to the Royal Olympian resort about 20 minutes away, cost us 70 euros for two hours , but split between four was reasonable. There the beach was only sand (no pebbles at all), safe, and the sea was warm and shallow. Well worth it. Enjoy - either way!

Hi London lad,,, I am sorry we never met! We took the trip to Olympia and had a great day! The museum was very good. We then had a great lunch at the seaside taverns in port. All in all a disappointment turned into something very nice!

Karen

Hi Queen, yes shame we didnt meet - we ended up sleeping the morning of the CC meeting! Had many late mornings which was well needed! Yes, would agree that Olympia was a great surprise, and although the port was nothing to write home about, there was plenty to see! I now tossing the idea of Celebroty or Royal Caribbean next time, decisions, decisions.,......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived