Odd question that has been bugging me

We are booked on the Freedom in a 4J room. I watched the Freedom on the webcam on Saturday and took a pic with my phone (yes, I know, I'm a geek!). Anyway, I was trying to figure out where our room was.

We are on Deck 6, so I counted two down from the bridge because I know the bridge is Deck 8. I also know the very point of the bow is the crew deck. However, I'm so confused as to what is between the crew deck and Deck 6. I'm assuming this would be Deck 5 and it looks like it has rooms there, but on the deck plans it shows an empty space at the bow for Deck 5. Anyone have any clue?

10337742_10152430069674721_1072537161443725101_n.jpg?oh=916a41f15b514e035e50f567bfba254a&oe=53C68066&__gda__=1405831008_6fec0133897fdcacf76f0c20b7715cfd

4J's are typically around the front of the ship (i.e. on the bow under the bridge)

In your picture, deck 5 is the one above the life boats with only windows... deck 6 is the first row of balconies above those windows. Without knowing your cabin number I can only assume your 4J is visible in that picture

Edited by sailor_jimc

Empty spaces on the deck plans are generally crew areas. Those may well be crew cabins that you're seeing.

This would make the most sense! When I was on the Behind the Fun Tour on the Liberty, I'm pretty sure the dancers had cabins behind the stage, so perhaps that is what Deck 5 is.