Another price drop!!

Just got off the phone after 28 min on hold with CCL. Booked the paradise 4/29 for 5/26 cruise. I saw your post and looked up my cruise and noticed it went down $120. I asked for the credit and was told I can't get it because I am paid in full. I pointed out that I booked less then 2 weeks ago and HAD to pay in full. I booked " Let CCL Pick Your Room For You".We still do not have a cabin # so I don't see why there is a problem. I also pointed out how this option is still available on the web site if I booked today. The only difference is it's $120 less. They couldn't explain,so I asked for a supervisor and was told they were very busy and I should call back. This flipped me out! I mentioned I can't believe they would treat a customer like this especially after 29 cruises with them and 3 more booked for this year. They told me to hold on again and would be back with a supervisor. 6 min later they told me their system went down and to call later. I Can't Believe it! Maybe it's time to look for other Cruise lines that appreciate their loyal customers.

Just got off the phone after 28 min on hold with CCL. Booked the paradise 4/29 for 5/26 cruise. I saw your post and looked up my cruise and noticed it went down $120. I asked for the credit and was told I can't get it because I am paid in full. I pointed out that I booked less then 2 weeks ago and HAD to pay in full. I booked " Let CCL Pick Your Room For You".We still do not have a cabin # so I don't see why there is a problem. I also pointed out how this option is still available on the web site if I booked today. The only difference is it's $120 less. They couldn't explain,so I asked for a supervisor and was told they were very busy and I should call back. This flipped me out! I mentioned I can't believe they would treat a customer like this especially after 29 cruises with them and 3 more booked for this year. They told me to hold on again and would be back with a supervisor. 6 min later they told me their system went down and to call later. I Can't Believe it! Maybe it's time to look for other Cruise lines that appreciate their loyal customers.

Not to upset you further, because I know you're frustrated, but after 29 cruises, shouldn't you know how their rates work? You couldn't have booked ES, and you're paid in full, therefore, price drops / OBC are not things you're eligible for. Maybe I have this wrong, but this is how I seem to understand it after doing my research. There are a ton of different rate rules... :confused: Hope you don't let this keep you from enjoying your vacation!!

What the heck. I just called and waited and complained and argued with PL cruises yesterday when the price dropped $0. The very next day it drops another $60! Back to the phones!

When I called today to get a price reduction, the "system" wouldn't let the agent do it. She put me on hold for several minutes and came back and said she couldn't get a supervisor until later. She apologized profusely for putting me on hold for so long and told me it was crazy around there today and she didn't know why. She then said "let me try something else" and she came back and said the system let her change the fare. She was very nice and apologetic.

Not to upset you further, because I know you're frustrated, but after 29 cruises, shouldn't you know how their rates work? You couldn't have booked ES, and you're paid in full, therefore, price drops / OBC are not things you're eligible for. Maybe I have this wrong, but this is how I seem to understand it after doing my research. There are a ton of different rate rules... :confused: Hope you don't let this keep you from enjoying your vacation!!

I do know how it works. There was no early saver. The only options available were Pick your room or Let carnival pick your room. Both are still available for $120 less.

Also We still do not have a confirmed cabin #,so it's not like I made final payment on a confirmed cabin. They also now show a Pack and Go Fare ( the same as let them pick your room).They told me pack and go went into effect the night I booked my cruise 9 days ago. They said if I would have waited till the next day I would have got that fare.

I also see this cruise has "No Single Supplement Charges". They have a load of cabins still available. I can't believe how they make Loyal customers jump through hoops!

When you book ES there are no hoops to jump thru. I just call my PVP and she just changes the rate. Very easy to do!!

YOu booked last minute. Was it a pack-n-go rate? Either way, the only time you can get price drops after the final payment date is if you book early saver. And you couldn't have booked early saver having booked 4 weeks before the sailing date. Pack-n-go rates don't allow for any changes or price adjustments. They are last minute rates and the rooms that are basically left over. I don't know why they are putting you through all of these changes. I don't see how you can get any type of rate adjustment. Try not to worry about it and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I do know how it works. There was no early saver. The only options available were Pick your room or Let carnival pick your room. Both are still available for $120 less.

Also We still do not have a confirmed cabin #,so it's not like I made final payment on a confirmed cabin. They also now show a Pack and Go Fare ( the same as let them pick your room).They told me pack and go went into effect the night I booked my cruise 9 days ago. They said if I would have waited till the next day I would have got that fare.

BIG GUY they was no early saver, because early saver is only offered on sailings 5 months or more out or 3 months or more for shorter cruises. Booking last minute, you can't get early saver. That wouldn't make sense.

When I tried to request the lower rate, they said that I will not get the same category. I am currently a balcony on the 7th floor. Not sure my exact category but the representative said I would have to changed categories to move me to the a lower floor.

Does that sound right?

Edited by deck2261

When I tried to request the lower rate, they said that I will not get the same category. I am currently a balcony on the 7th floor. Not sure my exact category but the representative said I would have to changed categories to move me to the a lower floor.

Does that sound right?

It's difficult to answer your question without knowing more information about your booking. You will only get price protection past final payment if you booked Early Saver. If you are Early Saver then it is true you can only price match to cabins in your category (not floor). For example a cabin in midsection 7th floor will not be the same as aft 7th floor. If there are no cabins in your category then you cannot get the price drop. Early saver does not allow downgrades at all so I'm guessing you are not booked Early Saver.

We booked our May Valor cruise last October. We received one drop in December and then the price just kept going up. Our final payment date was April 25, 2014 (30 days out). Shortly after that the prices began dropping and are still dropping. On April 29th we got a $40 drop, May 2nd we got a $360 drop, and yesterday got a $120 drop. So in one week's time we've gotten $520 in OBC! Love Early Saver!!!!

Irritates me too. :mad:

I wish the service industry wouldn't do what it does with pricing but that is the way it is. And I think you are right. After 29 cruises with them it seems to me that they could make something happen to show their appreciation. I know you are probably Platinum or Diamond by now so you are getting some perks but still...

They would certainly let you upgrade and they may apply the $120 that way or you perhaps pay a little more for an upgrade. Dealing with Carnival these days is like shopping at an Arab Bizarre. Call back and get another rep and if you don't get what you want, call again. I have done this successfully many times.

Best of luck!!!

It's difficult to answer your question without knowing more information about your booking. You will only get price protection past final payment if you booked Early Saver. If you are Early Saver then it is true you can only price match to cabins in your category (not floor). For example a cabin in midsection 7th floor will not be the same as aft 7th floor. If there are no cabins in your category then you cannot get the price drop. Early saver does not allow downgrades at all so I'm guessing you are not booked Early Saver.

Where do you see category at? I see that on my check in 8c? Is this it? Thanks for your help

My beef is that I booked the cruise 4/29 in the morning. The pack and go rate came up that night.Does anybody think I should just ignore the $120 . I would take the room credit. CCL doesn't seem to care. I have 3 more cruises booked this year,5 last year. I can't believe the response from the reps.

Where do you see category at? I see that on my check in 8c? Is this it? Thanks for your help

I'm not sure what you mean by "check-in" but if you look at the cabin confirmation they email you when you first book or make a payment it lists your category plain as day. For example mine says, Category: 8E Balcony