Difference between Freedom vs Liberty?

NOSaints1

After dry dock for the Freedom, it and the Liberty should be almost the same ship. They share a common layout and while the Liberty has had the 2.0 features for a couple of years, the Freedom is just now getting those. The only major differences I think should be the ship's decorations.

I sailed the Freedom last year. This year we will be on the Liberty in June.

Freedom is getting a Red Frog Pub.. which is cool.... the Liberty only has the Red Frog Rum Bar on the Lido Deck

They were built one year apart, and at the time were almost identical except for interior decorations.

Catrin

OK, the most "obvious" is the "names" :)

They are sister ships. Have been on the Freedom twice and Liberty this coming Jan. Nice ships, easy to get around. And it was nice to be in a familiar setting again.

Another difference is the menus. Liberty has the new ones and Freedom has the old ones

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

As of June Freedom will have the new ones as well - there was a thread on here a few weeks ago about that. Not sure what date in June.

Freedom has the Seuss at Sea thing going on, where Liberty does not.

Liberty still has the old shows with an orchestra, Freedom got Playlist during the drydock.

Freedom will also have some of the new Dr. Suess stuff. Not sure exactly what, but that could be a consideration if you have kids. Did it also get the new kids program? I thought I remembered reading that. In any case, Freedom WILL have some of the new stuff that Liberty didn't get.

I'm confused too. Plus I didn't think the Canada cruises were all that expensive. :p

Wife and I are up on Deck 7 for the Splendor and paying (with fees and taxes), a little more than 700/person... Which I think is a great price.

The reason why I threw the Splendour in is cause I wanted to get opinions and cause my DW wants to go to NYC. I'm trying to book it for our anniversary next year and getting different ideas. We're sailing on the Valor in November, staying in a O/S.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell me what the difference between the two ships and if you had to choose what one Would choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would go with the Liberty for one reason, and one reason only ...

These are all over the buffet area on the Freedom. SPOOKY! :eek:

freedomrestaurantvirtual.jpg