Suite Comparison

It's her graduation, so it's up to her. Hubby could care less LOL I'm moving us back to the Escape. Bummer - I really wanted that balcony. Oh well :o we will have a great time regardless.

Oh...posted above before I saw this. Oh well, whenever you do try we'd love to hear about it!

We've sailed many times in the Grand Suite on RCL and Owners Suite once. Also sailed in suites on Azamara, Celebrity, HAL.... justed returned from the Breakaway in a Haven Aft suite. We were blown away by our suite on the Breakaway. The other lines don't come close to the experience we had on the Breakaway! The concierge lounges on RCl are small, crowded and full of kids. There isn't anything else special. The drinks on HAL aren't free in their concierge lounge...Azamara and Celebrity offer nothing for suite guests. We had the best butler, cabin steward, concierge, cabin, etc on the Breakaway. We have sailed 30+ times and this was the best experience we've ever had in a suite. We were so impressed that we cancelled our Crystal Cruise and replaced it with the same cruise and same cabin on the Breakaway for next year. Haven guests are first to board the ship and first to disembark. We left the Haven lounge this morning at 8:15. We picked up our car at the Marriott Newark and were on our way home by 9:30! Amazing!

Someone on this forum asked me recently what perks would interest me, and one of them I said was a reserved lounge chair near the main pool. And it sounds like that's what RCCL does! Ha! That would be awesome.

3 weeks until I buy my FCC so I can then book that Escape TA! Is that the one you are doing for your daughter's graduation, or are you booking a different/additional Escape cruise?

No, we ended up booking the December 12th sailing. It will be right after her first semester of college. The TA would be right in the middle of her first semester, so that's out.

The reserved lounge chair is nowhere near the pool. There is a small group of chairs cordoned off , with a view of the pool from a flight up from the pool. And not all the ships do this. And there are STILL chair hogs- only with worse attitudes. But it is more fun to report them. The parents will try and save chairs for the kids who have no interest in a lounger so far from the pool. It is a quiet spot, however, but if I recall correctly, on our last 2 cruises it was in a breeze less location - hard to do but it was done!

Lrg pizza- your trip is soooooo close!,,,,, I am excited for you!,,,,,,,

Oh geez. You know, they make it sound so good "reserved pooldeck seating" LOL!! I'm ok with it being up one deck. That's usually where we sit. I just like to be able to "see" the pool.

Edited by SissasMomE

What exactly was the cost difference between comparable suites? It may end up being less expensive when you add in the happy hour, if you find the happy hour worth it. Looking forward to a complete review and comparison when you get back! I have always wondered about the draw of RCCL so I am nominating you to be our eyes and ears, lol!

With that BOGOHO, or whatever it's called, promotion that Royal has, it was cheaper than the Haven suite I just booked for the Escape! Usually Royal is way more expensive.

With that BOGOHO, or whatever it's called, promotion that Royal has, it was cheaper than the Haven suite I just booked for the Escape! Usually Royal is way more expensive.

My Grand Suite I booked with the BOGOHO sale is over $6200 (Alaska).

The Getaway S6 (Bathroom and a half, HUGE balcony) -> $5100 (Eastern Caribbean).

Very annoying! I wish I could get Royal to be less than NCL! Even my Allure cruise--they wanted more for a 2 Bedroom than I could justify. I tend to stay around the $5K range for a suite--and on Royal, that would not get me a true suite.

My Grand Suite I booked with the BOGOHO sale is over $6200 (Alaska).

The Getaway S6 (Bathroom and a half, HUGE balcony) -> $5100 (Eastern Caribbean).

Very annoying! I wish I could get Royal to be less than NCL! Even my Allure cruise--they wanted more for a 2 Bedroom than I could justify. I tend to stay around the $5K range for a suite--and on Royal, that would not get me a true suite.

The sailing I had booked was 12/12 - so it's an off time, but I really think I just got lucky with that because Royal is usually way more than NCL. The Grand Suite was $4500 on Royal for that sailing. I doubt I'll ever see that again :rolleyes: Even the OS was under 6k. The H5 I ended up booking for the Escape was $4900. EDITED - also, that was an 8-night cruise, not 7!

Edited by SissasMomE

I havent sailed NCL yet (and we are only in an inside) and have only sailed on the Allure in a Junior Suite, but I have seen the insides of many of suites on RCI.

We paid as much for our Junior Suite on the Allure as what a Haven would cost on the Getaway. A Grand Suite (Where the suite perks really start) I have always seen at more than a Haven. And the perks, in my opinion, are not worth. The suites are small on RCI, and I think I would much rather have the Haven area, and the Haven Restaurant than the reserved pool area and the Concierge Lounge with only 2.5 hours of free drinks

Just my opinion

That being said, I will probably never get to be in the Haven :( and will probably not sail in suites for a long time, as we don't spend enough time in the room. :D