Eclipse Balcony

macaroni

Are any of the balcony cabins sunnier than others....aft or the ones that extend mid ship....??? Are any less covered???

Hi Macaroni,

I've not stayed in aft verandas, but from everything I've read on this forum... on Eclipse and the other S-Class ships - they'd be the most exposed to sun. Hope this helps !

Hi Macaroni,

I've not stayed in aft verandas, but from everything I've read on this forum... on Eclipse and the other S-Class ships - they'd be the most exposed to sun. Hope this helps !

Agree -- the aft cabins seem to be the most exposed. I also suggest taking a peek at the "sticky" S-Class Cabin Information thread which has a link to a spreadsheet showing details of many cabins. Another idea is to take a look at a photo of the Eclipse where you can see where the over hangs are, mid-ship, deck 10 & 11, and some in the aft area as well.

Good luck -- the Eclipse is a wonderful ship!

I was in an aft-wrap cabin in February and it was sunny all day long, compared to a side balcony where there is some sun and some shade during a day. The constant sun got to be a bit much and because we had the wrap - it was windy much of the time. It was a blast - I'm glad that we booked it but I wouldn't book the aft-wrap again. I think an aft in the center portion wouldn't have as much wind while keeping the sun.

Edited by Jane2357

If you are looking for sun, most of the cabins on deck 12 (all aft ones on deck 12) are under a wide overhang that shades the whole balcony all day.

We were in aft corner on deck 10 in January and had lots of sun.