Lively dinner in Santorini

Lifeofriley1956

We are Looking for a fun place to go in Fira for a lively Greek dinner with music and still be able to catch the sunset . Cruise docks at 1 leaves at 10. Want to do Oia first.

Edited by Lifeofriley1956
Made it a question

We are Looking for a fun place to go in Fira for a lively Greek dinner with music and still be able to catch the sunset . Cruise docks at 1 leaves at 10. Want to do Oia first.

I doubt that you will have time for a "lively Greek dinner" if the ship leaves at 10. You need to be back to the cable cars by 8:30 the latest (there will be a looong line.....) allow time for that, and allow time for the tender back to the ship. If you do stop along the way on the way down, if you will be walking, there are LOTS of restaurants...Check out Trip Advisor for one that may suit you. You will be able to see the sunset from the ship....

There's a CC user on the Celebrity board named Mel&Ken (i think?) who had a similar port schedule. They ate at a gorgeous rooftop restaurant at sunset. I don't have the link to her review but you can try searching for it or sending her a message. I believe it was in Fira?

ETA: Found it! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1936240&highlight=review&page=3

Edited by MissBreezy

There's a CC user on the Celebrity board named Mel&Ken (i think?) who had a similar port schedule. They ate at a gorgeous rooftop restaurant at sunset. I don't have the link to her review but you can try searching for it or sending her a message. I believe it was in Fira?

ETA: Found it! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1936240&highlight=review&page=3

Thanks Breezy .. They had a very informative post. Think we will go for earlier dinner

• 3 weeks later...

There are many lovely little tavernas on the Quayside at the bottom landing of the cable car and donkey station where the tenders for all cruise lines operate to .

So avoid queuing for the cable car go down late afternoon to the quayside enjoy a drink and dinner at one of those Tavernas as you sample the wonder of a Santorini sunset over the caldera. then take an early evening tender back to your cruise boat . All very stressfree.