New Travel Channel Europe TV Series

Just watched the first episode, repeat from Sat night at 10 pm of a new series. here is the link for further info on this interesting series, that just started.

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/5takes/poll/poll.html

It's called 5 Takes Europe, 5 young folks < 25yrs, are doing mini-travel shows on Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam,Prague,Venice and Athens. You can vote on what they see. The Barcelona show just finished and they are going by Eurail around Europe over the next 5 weeks. THey hav $25 US each/day to get by and this is their story.

An interesting perspective from a young college student viewpoint. They left July 15th from Newark, so they are likely in Amsterdam right now?

Anyway, some fun to get you prepared for any Europe ports.

Al

I watched the first episode and thought it was a total waste of my time. It was more about them and their problems (finding a place to stay, finding someone to interview, talking to loved ones back home) than about the location. It was quickly deleted off my Tivo.

I felt the same way about the first episode. I also thought that it was embarassing that these Americans were so self centered and uneducated about any other part of the world. The next episode where they are sleeping in the airport made me even more angry, but I am hoping to see some growth and understanding occur over the next weeks.

Archived