Ecstasy or Victory?

Timmay77

We have sailed the Freedom and know that the Victory is a sister ship. No surprise there. My question is since we have sailed on one of the newer ships, will we be disappointed if we go on the Ecstasy?

I am taking my daughter who turns 18 and graduates high school, all within the same week, on her first cruise for her graduation/birthday gift. Cost is a major factor. Ecstasy works perfect for our budget and time frame. Victory works as well, but costs about 20% more when you figure in the cost of the cruise and flight costs. (Saturday flights are more expensive than Friday flights for some reason)

Ecstasy - 4 nights - Key West & Cozumel

Victory - 5 nights - Grand Turk, Nassau, Half Moon Cay

We would be happy with 4 nights, so having 5 nights isn't a big deal. The ports do no matter to us either. We would love to visit them all......

Any advice would be great. Just worried about the Ecstasy living up to what we did on the Freedom.

I went on the Ecstasy after the Freedom, but was with a first time cruiser who was not aware of the Freedom offered, except she wanted the outside movie screen. For the cost, she's an older ship but fairly well maintained. I did like the size of the Serenity deck on the Freedom vs the Ecstasy, but that was not a deal breaker. I would also go to Key West over Nassau any day as well. I found the staff to be comparable on both ships and the Ecstasy is a bit easier to navigate due to its size. Good luck with your decision!

IMHO - for a celebration, I'd choose the Victory over Ecstasy. I've been on both, they are both beautiful, but Victory has more to offer I feel for a young adult. Ecstasy would be better for an older crowd IMO.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've never been on Victory, but on the Freedom and Ecstasy twice. Ecstasy is a great ship. She's a smaller, older ship than the Freedom. But she is well maintained. Ship is in great condition. Easy to Navigate. The food was great. Friendly staff. I would definitely go on her again.

We were on the Ecstacy last year and I have to agree, it's not the newest and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it actually was one of our favorite cruises. The crew was amazing. We will be on the Victory in September but would not have minded at all going back on the Ecstacy! Either way. I dont think you can make a bad decision. Going to the caribbean with family, celebrating a milestone in your daughter's life and her birthday will be special in of itself. Have fun and congrats to her!