"Passion Island by Power Catamaran"

jtwanabe

Taking the 5 day on the triumph in early June. Is Passion Island by Power Catamaran worth it and are there

places to get in out of the sun? Any other recommendations:)?

Edited by jtwanabe

My sister and I took this excursion in April and found the POWER CATAMARAN was actually a 2 decker ferry! We learned years ago that Carnival excursions are too expensive for what you get and should have known better. It was lovely there, but very windy and the water too cold for most to enjoy.You have shade on the beach or chairs and tables further back into the tropical setting. I have to say that the island was well maintained. They offer a Caribbean buffet, which was ok. The bbq chicken and fresh tropical fruits were about the only thing Caribbean.

My family did this excursion and we enjoyed it. The catamaran wasn't exciting, but the island was fun. They had water trampolines and other big inflatable things to climb on out in the water. We all enjoyed these including my 3 yr old. On the island there is a large covered area where the food is, plus there are shade trees you can get under if you need it.

Passion Island is awesome! But if you want the ride there to be enjoyable don't do it by catamaran. Do the Twister Boat! It WAS A BLAST!! way more fun than a double decker ferry with hundreds of people.

As I think about it I guess it IS a catamaran as it has two sponsons. It's just not the type we think of more often. We went twice and actually enjoyed the ride, but the ships are charging too much for this excursion now..

Passion Island is awesome! But if you want the ride there to be enjoyable don't do it by catamaran. Do the Twister Boat! It WAS A BLAST!! way more fun than a double decker ferry with hundreds of people.

We are doing this exact excursion in October. Glad to hear its as much fun as we thought.:D

Approximately how long is the trip to the island by twister boat?

Edited by Bajan Keith

Taking the 5 day on the triumph in early June. Is Passion Island by Power Catamaran worth it and are there

places to get in out of the sun? Any other recommendations:)?

I just got back from my 6th cruise in two years. We sailed aboard the Carnival Triumph out of Galveston, May 10-15th. The only reason I took this excursion via Carnival was because we had our 21 year old daughter, 19 year old niece, and 3 year old grandson with us, none of which has a passport. From my research on this site, I've learned to book excursions outside the cruise line. I don't recommend doing that unless you have a passport.

Passion Island itself is great! The beaches are relatively clean except for some sea grass that drifts in (depending upon storms, time of year, etc). We've been there three times in all. The food is pretty good and the open bars (2) will give you all you want. They have built a playground/daycare type area for young children and the lady that oversees it (Yoshi, I think) was wonderful with the little ones.

I certainly do not recommend going by the double decker ferry (aka catamaran) It is crowded (typical Carnival booking) and if you don't get on early, you'll have to sit on the top deck and bake in the sun while the tour guide talks on and on. My brother and sister in law did the Twister boat a couple of years ago and loved it. I'd recommend doing that one or I think there is a jeep drive through town that takes you there.

Again, the island itself is well worth the visit, but find another means of getting there. We were only in port from 9:00am until 4:00 pm (back on the boat by 3:30 per ship policy). The tour was supposed to leave at 9:30, got changed to 10:00, finally left the dock at 10:20. By the time we got back, the shops were closing and we had to get back onboard the ship. The captain and crew of the boat did their jobs quite nicely. The tour guides were unorganized to say the least.

And if you do venture to Passion Island, there is a tent there where you can get a 30 minute massage for about $35.00. I highly recommend this. It was the best one I've ever had.