Seabourn Spirit ?

TootyJane

I've been trying to get an up to date officers schedule but the latest I have was one issued on 21 April so things could have changed.

The list I have for August 21 is

CAPTAIN

21/8 Pedersen

STAFF CAPTAIN

Thomassen

CHIEF OFFICER

Pears

ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER

TBA

DOCTOR

Jastrzabek

CHIEF ENGINEER

Ludvigsen

STAFF CHIEF ENGINEER

Gjoestol

CHIEF ELECTRICIAN

Gauperra

HOTEL MANAGER

Collinson

EXECUTIVE CHEF

TBA

MAITRE D'HOTEL

21/8 Eckl

CHIEF PURSER

Evanson 28/8 Creupelandt

EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER

Koniezcna

CRUISE DIRECTOR

Stevenson

When I board in October the Master will be Captain Lorentzen and the Chef will be Lambrecht. He is the only one I know as I've only ever been on the Pride before. Who knows CD Stevenson? Is he as good and friendly as those I know from the Pride?

Norm~~~Please tell "Carlo Magno", Karl, (Maitre'D)that I send him a Texas size hug.....I knew that he had recently transferred to the Spirit.....Herman gave him his nickname many years ago when he was a dining room waiter.

You know Tom Thomassen, don't you? I've always called him, "Handsome Tom!" He could be in the movies! Great guy! Captain Pedersen is also very nice and extremely sea knowledgeable. Could the Envirm. Officer be Kurt Book?

Oh, and please tell Jochem Lambrechts we are keeping our fingers crossed that he will join us on the Pride in March......(remember, Jochem and I had the "fried corn-on-the-cob" cooking demo in 2003, "Hall of Fame" Crossing?)

I'm not familiar with the Hot Man or the Cruise Director.....must be new "family members." (wonder where Trevor is???)

I did hear from Cheffy and Bitti......they are in Zanzibar working to open the 5* Hotel Resort.....he was suffering a mild case of malaria. I hope he's well by now.

Have fun......Happy Trails and Sails!

MB

Hello Norm,

When we sailed on the Spirit in March the Cruise Director was Trevor Stephenson and the Hotel Manager was Richard Collinson, both are charming, Richard was sailing with his wife and was onboard in place of Gunter who had departed for the Legend for a short while as I understood it. He is English and from Wiltshire. Trevor is also English but I understand lives in Florida, anyway no worries on the friendly front! I don't know the Maitre D, because ours was Marcel Jansen, who left the Spirit to join the Pride in April (I think). The Doctor is the same, and also charming, only met him socially though!! I had the good fortune to sit next to the Chief Engineer at dinner one night, he was extremely entertaining, which quite surprised me as I was expecting a "dry old stick" which he most certainly was not. He invited my husband down to have a look around the engine room much to his delight, very nice chap.

Hope this is of some help to you and enjoy your cruise to Mombasa and hope to meet you next April on the Legend.

mcboo~~~Yes, Karl will be on the Spirit for awhile. But, will be returning to the Pride.....He is also one of my VERY favorites!! Marcel is now on the Pride, I understand.

Seabourn has two Trevor's......one is Trevor Courtt, a former Chef, now Hotel Manager and the other is Trevor Stephenson, Cruise Director. I have not sailed with Mr. Stephenson, but have heard wonderful things about him.

I am hoping Eric DeGray will soon entertain us and will be back on the Pride ship

after his holiday in Canada. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Hugs your way!

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Karl is still on the Pride - we came off last Sunday. Think he is transferring to the Spirit in December. He is a wonderful maitre d' and has a great sense of humour. We will be on the Spirit in February (New Zealand - Fiji - Feb 5 - anyone else on that?) so hopefully will see him then. Had a wonderful cruise in spite of the awful weather (Norwegian fjords). Does anyone have the latest on whether they are going to glass in the verandah. Hotel Manager (Vitor) said they have decided against it whereas one of the other officers (can't remember which) said no final decision has been taken. Think it would be a great improvement as it would give so much more space in the verandah especially on cruises where the weather isn't brilliant and if they had windows that opened completely which is what they were talking about, we still wouldn't lose dining outside (almost!):o

Karl is still on the Pride - we came off last Sunday. Think he is transferring to the Spirit in December. He is a wonderful maitre d' and has a great sense of humour. We will be on the Spirit in February (New Zealand - Fiji - Feb 5 - anyone else on that?) so hopefully will see him then. Had a wonderful cruise in spite of the awful weather (Norwegian fjords). Does anyone have the latest on whether they are going to glass in the verandah. Hotel Manager (Vitor) said they have decided against it whereas one of the other officers (can't remember which) said no final decision has been taken. Think it would be a great improvement as it would give so much more space in the verandah especially on cruises where the weather isn't brilliant and if they had windows that opened completely which is what they were talking about, we still wouldn't lose dining outside (almost!):o

Sorry misinformation here - my husband informs me that Karl is going to the Spirit in 2 weeks time (at the end of the current cruise) and not in December!!

Sorry to keep you hanging. On our first day on board the Pride last month we went up to the Veranda to eat, and were the first quests to arrive. Christian, the Maitra’D as there and he turned around to greet us. He looked at us, and after a brief pause, welcomed us using our names. Of course, this is nothing new on Seabourn, but not usually within 2 hours of being on the ship. Of course I thought we must have sailed with him on one of our previous Seabourn cruises, and have a pretty good memory, but even after staring, couldn't place him. I then asked if he had previously worked on the Spirit, since we had sailed on her the most, and he confessed he remembered us from 4 years back...............but not on Seabourn. He had worked on Silver Sea in the Humidor, where we had enjoyed a cigar and drink every night of our cruise. Our names and faces clicked with him within just a few moments of walking into the Veranda. Truly Amazing!

We love the Veranda anyway, particularly when we are sailing close to land, or within the fjords, but our time spent there seemed all the more special this time. Of course we were treated exceptionally by him and his staff. On other nights we were treated equally as well by Karl and his crew. Of course this poses a dilemma, as to where to eat, since no matter where you go on the ship, the service is tops.

Just now read this thread for the first time, and, was very surprised that little has been posted about CD Trevor Stevenson, a truly wonderful person.

My wife and I first met Trevor in 2001, just weeks after 9/11, at the sailaway on the Seabourn Sun from Ft. Lauderdale. As we were making the first turn from the pier, he pointed to his favorite ship, also getting ready to depart FLL, the Seaborn Pride. He commented how he enjoyed his many years as CD on the Pride, possibly the Legend and the Spirit as well, I just don't recall that detail. He told us about the fabulous cuisine and overall service on the "Yachts". He had recently moved to the Sun, the larger ship, which was soon to be transferred by Carnival to HAL as the Prinsendam.

Eighteen months later, we met him again on the QE-2's last leg of the World Cruise from Capetown to Southampton to New York. If I recall correctly, he moved from the Sun directly to the QE-2. We talked to him about Seabourn's "Yachts", and decided to do an onboard booking for South America for 2004 on the Pride. Doing that got us the 5% discount!

He gave us his e-mail address and told us to e-mail him about a month before the cruise so that he could put in a good word for us. He came through for us, we were invited to the Captain's table the second formal, the night before we sailed into Rio. The next morning I asked Karel, the maitre'd, if we owed our invite to Trevor; the answer was yes!

Welcome back Trevor!

Archived