Quebec (wine tour)

Good morning.

My wife and I will be arriving in Quebec on Wednesday, 22 October. We've reserved the "Beaupré Coast, St. Anne Canyon & Winery Visit" excursion. I would appreciate your thoughts concerning this day trip.

Also, we are traveling in a group of ten and dining at 6:00pm. The above excursion is scheduled for 2:00 - 6:00 and we're a bit concerned about returning late for our last dinner on board. Does anyone know of a comparable and available excursion not run by the cruise line?

Thanks.

First of all if you have not been to Quebec City itself then that is where you should stay. You could spend days wandering the old city, the Citadel and the many historic buildings, sites, shops etc.

You can rent a car and take a drive to Beaupre to see the Basilica and Montmorency Falls. I assume the winery is on Ile d'Orleans which is a wonderful island to drive around. It is full of artisans' shops, restaurants, etc. I am not a local so I hope others can give you more and better information.

If you do a search here on Cruise Critic you should find more. Go back to the start page for Ports of Call - Canada and look for the search feature to the right of the blue bar near the top of the page.

Also do a Google search for private tours Quebec City and see what comes up.