Revised Captains Club

Nautical Mile

We just made Select on our last cruise, and it will now take 7 7-night cruises in Veranda class to make Elite. Prior to the changes, it would have taken an additional 4 cruises.

Having said that, I support the changes. It was much too easy to make Elite status before, and Celebrity was getting swamped with Elites. One we make it to Elite, it would be nice if half the ship weren't also Elite. If everybody's special, no one is special.

We are a middle aged couple and starting to enjoy the upgraded cabins. I read so much about how folks book to get the best rates. Any suggestions? What's your favorite cabin class?

That's really a broad question, and probably the subject for another thread. But since you asked--

I like to book early, then watch the rates like a hawk looking for a price drop I can use up until final payment is due. After that, since they will no longer honor price drops, I look for a higher class cabin for the same, lower or slightly higher price, which they'll allow. However, there are exceptions, since many of the prices are designated for new bookings only. If I can't get a better price or cabin, I'm happy with the knowledge that I would have been okay with the original cabin and the original price I paid.

Our favorite cabin class is Veranda, because DW needs to have a balcony but we don't require a lot of extras. Favorite class of cabin is very subjective.