How rough out of Seattle

dreameral

Only one of my previous Alaska cruises was R/T cruise from Seattle and the seas were smooth out of Seattle and all the way to Juneau. So, it can rough or smooth.

However, on this same cruise we had very rough seas going from Hubbard Glacier to Sitka. I got seasick then as did a lot of people on board. That cruise was in late May.....

Edited by LEtue

We are thinking of cruising out of Seattle for our next Alaskan cruise. We would like to try Princess due to the itinerary. Previously have sailed out of Vancouver with Holland America. I've read that it can be rough out of Seattle but how rough is it. When we sailed out of Vancouver and when through the queen Charlotte islands, that was the sickest I've ever been on a cruise... Actually most people I spoke to said they have never been that sick and the water was calm looking. A different type of wave action according to an officer I spoke to. So, is Seattle cruising bad seas or just a bit more rough than the inside passage

Dreameral, We did the Seattle Inside Passage on Princess May 3-10th of this year. The first full sea day was rough. This was my 4th cruise and I have never felt the ship move that much before. I took Motion sickness medicine and was fine. (generic Dramamine) My 76 year old Mom however, could not keep the pills down long enough for them to work and she got sick. The nurse had to come give her a shot and she spent several hours in bed recovering. However, by dinner time she was better and able to eat in the dining room. She was fine with the motion sickness medicine the rest of the week. I think it depends on your tolerance level to be honest. Just be prepared with whatever works best for you, is my advice. Mom wanted the patch but, I heard conflicting reports about it here on CC so I talked her out of buying one. I am regretting that now.