Princess cruiser would like to try RCCL

I was on RCCL once in 1994 and enjoyed it very much.

Then did not cruise for awhile. Started cruising again in 2001 and

have been on one Celebrity and 4 Princess cruises.

What are the pros and cons of going on RCCL, and I'm especially

interested in those of you who have been on both Princess and RCCL.

RCCL sounds like a fun crowd and also they seem to have lots to do

while aboard such as Ice skating and rock climbing, et cet.

Also, how do the cabins compare to Princess cabins. We like window

cabins, balconies and suites!

I have enjoyed both Princess and Royal Caribbean and will cruise them both again. Cabins, balconies etc. seem very much the same as well as the level of service. Princess has fresh water pools, RC's pools are salt water. Princess has pools and hot tubs open 24/7, they closed them up about 10 or 11 on the RC ship we were on. But RC has midnight chocolate buffets! RC seemed to do a slightly better job with the cruise director staff. They seemed to make everything more fun, but that could have been just that particular crew. The food was very good on both lines. They each had things they did maybe a little bit better than the other, but in end the scales balance. We will continue to enjoy them both!

I'm headed on my 7th cruise - 4 with Princess and this will be my 3rd RCCL. I like them both. I think the balcony cabin layout on RCCL are better than Princess. Princess isn't as stuffy as it once was thought to be. I've had wonderful experiences with both and not so wonderful experiences but that doesn't stop me from wanting to cruise because the people I've met on both lines have been great!

We have cruised on the Voyager class ships on RCI and also on the Golden. While both ships are very similar in size RCI's voyager class is much better than Princess's grand class for the ease of navigation. To us we loved the promenade in the center of the ship on the Navigator, was kinda like walking thru a mall and the parades that go thru are great. We give the advantage to RCI for entertainment and food, while princess food was good we enjoyed RCI a little more. Also I found the staff to be more friendly on RCI then Princess but it could have just been that cruise. Either way you should enjoy the cruise.

Kristin

I found the staff and crew on my RCI sailings to be warmer and more outgoing than on Princess. I like the fitness emphasis and the nightlife on RCI as well.

A big negative is that RCI does not limit the number of kids per sailing as does Princess. Sometimes this is a real problem and it has caused me to reconsider RCI for personal cruising and to absolutely not cruise with them during summers of holidays. If you read the posts on this board you will see it has become a real problem.

If you like big ships, Voyager class is quite popular. For me, smaller and more personal is preferable.

Archived