A whole bunch of Spa room questions

LVDFW

I have booked an inside Spa room on the Magic and have a bunch of quick questions.

#1. I know this gives you access to the spa. What can be done in there without paying an extra surcharge?

#2. How much of a discount is the other stuff?

#3. Carnival.com says the prices are dynamic and can change based on demand, day of the week, etc. Should I book now, or wait until on board? Do the prices on the website reflect my discount for having the spa room?

#4. I want to surprise my wife with a treatment. What do you recommend?

Sorry i don't have all the answers, BUT this year will be the third in a row the wife and I have gotten a spa room. We like the quiet escape of the spa.

With the spa stateroom you have included access to the thermal suite (four "heat" rooms, two dry and two steam), as well as the thelaso-therapy pool.

I don't know about pricing/discounts, but I believe you have "priority booking"?

We got a couple's full body massage/facial a couple years back. It was very nice.

Ah. My wife also reminded me that you each (first two adults in the room anyway) get one free fitness class for the cruise as well. I've yet to use mine, hence why I didn't remember...:p

She doesn't think there are discounts on treatments. I would say unless there's something that you ABSOLUTELY have to do in terms of treatment, have a look at pricing once on the ship -- they sometimes run specials on port days.

I have booked an inside Spa room on the Magic and have a bunch of quick questions.

#1. I know this gives you access to the spa. What can be done in there without paying an extra surcharge?

#2. How much of a discount is the other stuff?

#3. Carnival.com says the prices are dynamic and can change based on demand, day of the week, etc. Should I book now, or wait until on board? Do the prices on the website reflect my discount for having the spa room?

#4. I want to surprise my wife with a treatment. What do you recommend?

We are booked in a Spa room in 2 weeks. I am pretty sure that you get discounts on treatments booked the 1st day. It's a % off and with each treatment the percentage increases. It's my understanding that it's 20% off the 1st, 30% off the 2nd and 40% off the third one.

I think only the Thermal Suites and Therapy pool are included with the room.

And I am a massage lover myself so that would be my pick. I can get my toes done anytime. But a massage with an ocean view, that would be nice.

In addition to what scooter wrote, you receive a complimentary jar of a body scrub to use either in the spa, your cabin or at home.

I don't recall discounts either, except the previously mentioned %s - but those were available to anyone booking more than one treatment.

In cabin you have a nicer robe, slippers and the spa bath products (small travel bottles, but you room steward will keep you stocked) of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower gel and a soap.

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

We just returned from a trip in a spa room. You also get a discount for the couples mud room (which is DIY). It's $95 if you are in a spa room, normally upwards of $170. Hold off on booking any treatments as they get progressively cheaper. Our mud room was $55 and we did it the last day of the cruise. Definitely worth that price, we were expecting the $95 and then got the receipt and were pleasantly surprised.

Just off the Breeze in a Spa room. Everything the folks mentioned before but I also want to chime in about the prices.

If you can wait, do it as the first day they have steep discounts. Also on port days they tend to run specials. A few evenings they also had specials from 5 - 9pm.

Once you board, take the spa tour. This way you get a feel for what is offered and can ask questions. I wouldn't surprise my wife with a treatment but right before we started the tour Id tell her that she can have any treatment she wants. It's still a surprise but she gets to pick what she wants, not what I think she wants cause lord knows I get that wrong enough on land :)

enjoy