Just Back - Breakaway May 4th - 11th

Oradellian

That sounds great, which hotel offers this, thanks.

The Lido. The beach restaurant is Mickey's. Caveats: it was the first week in May and already busy. We used the public beach entrance just south of the Lido as signs warn against visitors on the private property. See website...

http://lido.bm

Eats were terribly expensive in Bermuda. Did a quick take out lunch in St. George's and it was like $25 and we didn't get anything, it seemed. Sandwiches were good though.

We went by Harbor Nights on our way to the playhouse in Hamilton on Wed. Night. It looked like a decent time. By the time we got out of the play and back to the ferry, it had already closed down.

I would recommend checking to see if there is a play going on at Bermuda Musical & Dramatic Society. We saw "Allo! Allo!" and it was pretty good.

Regarding Harbor Nights - On one of our previous cruises to Bermuda, we went to Hamilton on a Harbor night - Wednesday. It had been raining that afternoon but had stopped and cleared up. We asked the excursion desk as well as the front desk if they would be having it that night. We were told by both that they were. Needless to say, we took the ferry there only to find that it was indeed cancelled. Hamilton was pretty much deserted and much was closed up, shops etc. I thought it wasn't a good atmosphere to be in and we headed back on the ferry on the next one we could get on. My advice to anyone interested would be to be sure it is a nice night and no previous rain that day. The Gombey dancers that perform at the Harbor night festival on another trip were allowed to perform on the deck poolside, which was really nice. This was on the Star. I haven't heard that this is occurring this year on the Breakaway.

Regarding Harbor Nights - On one of our previous cruises to Bermuda, we went to Hamilton on a Harbor night - Wednesday. It had been raining that afternoon but had stopped and cleared up. We asked the excursion desk as well as the front desk if they would be having it that night. We were told by both that they were. Needless to say, we took the ferry there only to find that it was indeed cancelled. Hamilton was pretty much deserted and much was closed up, shops etc. I thought it wasn't a good atmosphere to be in and we headed back on the ferry on the next one we could get on. My advice to anyone interested would be to be sure it is a nice night and no previous rain that day. The Gombey dancers that perform at the Harbor night festival on another trip were allowed to perform on the deck poolside, which was really nice. This was on the Star. I haven't heard that this is occurring this year on the Breakaway.

Good info! Thanks :)

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Oradellian, were you a CAS guest? If so, was wondering if you remember what time they had the CAS guest cocktail party on the first night, (usually it is 5PM/5:30PM) since I booked the Cirque show for 5:45 was hoping I could do both?

We were not CAS, but we did go to the Cirque show the first night as it was "included" for free in the UDP. The show is magnificent but the food is not. All the seats were filled (this was the 9:00 show time).

I'm sorry that I can't help any further.

Hi - did you check out the spa? any idea on the price of a pass now?

Also: was Slam Allen still performing?

We had a Haven Spa Suite so the cost was "included". . . IMHO, I wouldn't run back to the Spa, the air was humid and stale.

I haven't seen Slam Allen, but Les Getrex and his band Creole Cookin' were playing all week in the Kitty Kat and my wife and I thought that they were terrific.

:confused:

Do you recall if there were lobster tails at the buffet on night 2?

We never had a chance to enjoy dinner at the buffet, but the 2nd night is the formal night, so I'll bet that's when they would serve lobster.