4 night cruise question

BigPaul26

Our first cruise will be October 2nd on the Infinity for four nights to Catalina and Ensenada. I called to ask when formal night would be and also to ask if they would be serving lobster on the short cruise, I was told that the formal night would be the first night and that they would serve lobster. I thought this sounded a bit off, well the formal night part. Has anyone experienced a four night cruise and does this sound right?

Paul

I've been on 17 cruises (10 on Celebrity) and Formal night is NEVER the first night. It's difficult to change into formal clothing for main seating dinner when most passengers don't get their luggage until very late afternoon or early evening. It's more difficult to believe that a customer service rep didn't know this. Just another reason cruise lines need to do a better job training their reps before they're put on the phones.

Our first cruise will be October 2nd on the Infinity for four nights to Catalina and Ensenada. I called to ask when formal night would be and also to ask if they would be serving lobster on the short cruise, I was told that the formal night would be the first night and that they would serve lobster. I thought this sounded a bit off, well the formal night part. Has anyone experienced a four night cruise and does this sound right?

Paul

Hi Paul !

I have not taken this itinerary, but I would almost bet the house that Formal night will NOT be the first or last night of your Cruise. As for Lobster, I have been told it is not served on shorter Cruises..... but I do recall seeing a few posts here, where people said Lobster had been served, so do not give up hope yet :)

I would suggest that you call Captain's Club, and ask to speak to a Supervisor. Hopefully, that person will give you more accurate information.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Paul, my guess would be that formal night will be the second night out. I've been on a few 3/4 day cruises, not with Celebrity though, but that seems to be the norm. By the way, we will be joining you on this cruise. Just a suggestion, I would highly recommend making reservations at their alturnitive dinning, the US restaurant. It is superb.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I called again today, and spoke with someone who inspired some confidence. The formal night should be the second night out and there is a lobster serviec scheduled but subject to change. :rolleyes:

Melonie, hopefully the wife and I will have the opportunity to meet you!

Are we there yet? :D

Hey Paul, I'm always there. Love to cruise as you can tell. We were on the Infinity in June, and you have made a great choice for your first cruise. Taking a short one is a good idea to see whether you will enjoy cruiseing or not. If you like being pampered and spoiled you will love it. There is always lots to do, and way too much food to eat. We would enjoy meeting you and your wife. We'll probably be the first ones trying to get on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived