Moving a child to different cabin after final payment

Monalis

I am going to call my PCC and ask him this as well, but I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience doing this, since you can't always trust the PCCs.

Right now we have 2 cabins booked on the Dawn using the Kids sail free promo. An inside with 2 adults and 2 children and a balcony with 2 adults and 1 child. We are hoping to upgrade to a mini suite and balcony when it gets closer to our sailing if prices drop at all. The "problem" is that on the Dawn the balconies only hold 3 people. So if the balcony gets upgraded to a mini and the inside gets upgraded to a balcony we will need to move one of the kids to the mini suite.

What I was wondering, if we do this after final payment... will there be a problem (added fees, cancellation fees, ect..) Or will it be rather pain free since they are sailing "free" anyways.

Just trying to look at our options and see if we need to do this before final payment or if we can do it afterwards.

I am going to call my PCC and ask him this as well, but I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience doing this, since you can't always trust the PCCs.

Right now we have 2 cabins booked on the Dawn using the Kids sail free promo. An inside with 2 adults and 2 children and a balcony with 2 adults and 1 child. We are hoping to upgrade to a mini suite and balcony when it gets closer to our sailing if prices drop at all. The "problem" is that on the Dawn the balconies only hold 3 people. So if the balcony gets upgraded to a mini and the inside gets upgraded to a balcony we will need to move one of the kids to the mini suite.

What I was wondering, if we do this after final payment... will there be a problem (added fees, cancellation fees, ect..) Or will it be rather pain free since they are sailing "free" anyways.

Just trying to look at our options and see if we need to do this before final payment or if we can do it afterwards.

Just keep in mind that each cabin is only to hold a certain amount of people. These people are counted towards the lifeboats. If there is more people in the cabin they may not fit in the lifeboat, if needed.

Also, keep in mind that your two rooms might and might not have the same lifeboat station so there is a chance you may or may not be separated.

And finally, depending on the ages of the children it's not really recommended to have 'kids' in one cabin and 'adults' in another. If the rooms are connecting that's another story, imo.

As far as additional charges.....there shouldn't be any.

I'm curious what NCL says when you contact them.

Harriet

I think - because you booked the cabin under the kids sail free promotion - that if you were to try to book a different cabin now, you'd lose that promotion. I'm just guessing though.

That's what I'm thinking. If that promo is in force when you decide to switch there should be no problem but if it isn't, then that free child may suddenly become a pay child.

I think - because you booked the cabin under the kids sail free promotion - that if you were to try to book a different cabin now, you'd lose that promotion. I'm just guessing though.

I'm leaning towards this as well. They may see this as a cancel/re-book and you will lose the KSF promotion.

Just keep in mind that each cabin is only to hold a certain amount of people. These people are counted towards the lifeboats. If there is more people in the cabin they may not fit in the lifeboat, if needed.

Also, keep in mind that your two rooms might and might not have the same lifeboat station so there is a chance you may or may not be separated.

And finally, depending on the ages of the children it's not really recommended to have 'kids' in one cabin and 'adults' in another. If the rooms are connecting that's another story, imo.

As far as additional charges.....there shouldn't be any.

I'm curious what NCL says when you contact them.

Harriet

I know all about the life boats and such. We are sailing with my sister, her husband and 3 kids. Since the only cabins that fit 5 people are the suites and we can't afford those, we have one of the kids in our room. And since none of the balconies fit 4 people and we wanted them close to us, they were stuck with an inside.

Now if we upgrade to a mini suite we can fit 4 in our room and they can move to a balcony. But that would require the movement of one of the kiddos and thus the dilemma.

We aren't sailing until the week before Christmas, so we have plenty of time and there is usually a Kids sail free in the fall, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'll get back and let everyone know what NCL says.

We booked during the kids sail free promotion and when I went to upgrade my cabin (after final payment) I was told I would lose the kids sale free promotion. I would have to pay for the third person in addition to the cabin upgrade. I called several times with no luck, was always told the same thing.

I am watching for the prices to go down further, but since we sale during a holiday week (May 25), the balcony prices have not budged.

I also read another post about someone booking during the same promotion, when they went to add a fourth person to the cabin, they lost the kids sail free and had to pay for the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin.