Any info on Palm Beach Break Club?

Redokie

We were at Palm Beach last week. I dont know anything about any beach break or it being a substitute for Nachi but I can tell you about our visit.

Let me start by saying that we decided to go to Palm Beach after reading some posts here and doing a little online research.

We were are Paradise Beach last year and loved it and would have gone back this year except we had read that since the Valor pulls in late, by the time you get to Paradise Beach it is very crowded and it would be hard to find a seat in the shade which is THE major requirement for us as far as beach lounging goes. So after checking out the Cozumel beaches online we selected Palm Beach because of it's newness, good food and facilities.

Imagine our surprise when we got in the taxi and the driver told us that because of the hurricane, Palm Beach was closed and we would have to go to either San Francisco Beach, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos. After a little debate we decided on Paradise Beach but then the driver said maybe we should check out Palm Beach just in case it is open. Well guess what, it was open and had been for 3 days and the funny thing is...

...it is literally right next door to San Francisco Beach (they share the same drive way) and only a stones throw from Paradise Beach. It is hard to imagine that the driver didnt know that Palm Beach was open, since it was so close to the other 2 beaches he wanted to take us to.

Anyhow....Palm Beach was okay. There were plenty of new chairs with umbrellas to sit in and the bathrooms were new and clean. The shower is outside on the beach not inside and I didnt see any changing area other than the bathrooms. There is a bar and tables and chairs under a thatch roof open sided building so you can eat and drink in the shade. Service was good with nice cold beers and fru-fru drinks available.

As far as prices go, beers were $3, pina colatas were something around $4-5, chips and guacomole were $5, fajitas with all the fixings were $10, soft drinks were $2. Our total bill for the day was $44.00 which included a number of beers, sodas, a pina colata, guac and chips and fajitas for 2.

On the negative side....the beach sucks beachwise, very rocky and lots of sea grass. Bring water shoes!!! Of course this is pretty much the same beach as Paradise and San Francisco so you just have to deal with it. Other than that, it was a great place. There are plenty of things to do like Parasailing and snorking, banana boat rides, etc. oh, and massages on the beach just a few feet away.

I have some photos that I will post later this week.

how was the food??? Seems I have read that they had the best "chef"/kitchen in the area. Prices sounds very reasonable. We are considering this beach or NC for our upcoming cruise. I noticed there will be 7 or 8 ships in port on the day we are there, so big crowds Im sure!!! So, want to avoid Paradise.

Anyone know which beach (Palm or NC) should be least crowded on a busy day in January???

thanks!!

Aren't there only two ships in port when the Valor is in Cozumel? It's on a Friday, right? I thought I looked once and it was a slower cruise ship day. I too, wondered how crowded Paradise Beach would be getting there at 11:00 am. ish? When we there in April on the Glory, just before lunch it was packed! If we go on the Valor next winter, we will probably have an early lunch on the ship and then go to Paradise Beach after. Our experience was that around 12:30-1:00 p.m., many people were leaving to go back to their ships for lunch.

The Friday (29 July) we were at Palm Beach (from the Valor) there were at least 4 cruise ships in port. By the time we got to the beach (Noonish) Paradise Beach was packed. It should be noted that a contributing factor to Paradise Beach being so crowded that day may have been that due to the recent hurricane many other beaches were closed.

When we were at Paradise Beach in 2004 it never did get too crowded the whole day. That was off the Zuiderdam and a different week day. Also, thanks to this board (and their good service) Paradise Beach has become very popular.

As to the food at Palm Beach, we too read that they had one of the best chefs there but in all fairness I must say that, while quite tasty, the food was really no better than the food we got at Paradise Beach in 2004 and to be completely honest, I probably liked the food a little better at Paradise.

But, if crowds are an issue, Palm Beach is your best bet.

Oh, and if flies are an issue......pick either club as they both had plenty of crazy, slow, dare you to swat me flies.

As to the food at Palm Beach, we too read that they had one of the best chefs there but in all fairness I must say that, while quite tasty, the food was really no better than the food we got at Paradise Beach in 2004 and to be completely honest, I probably liked the food a little better at Paradise.

Since I think the chef at Palm used to be the chef at Paradise Beach, the first part doesn't really surprise me. Before that he was a chef somewhere else.

When we were at Palm Beach in Feb. there was absolutely no sea grass and it was not rocky at all. They do have great food-absolutely delicious!!

That's awesome! Glad you had a good time! Do you happen to know the approximate cost to do things such as snorkel or use their non-motorized water toys, floatie mats, etc?:) Thanks!!!

tbag...floats are $3USD all day, snorkel equipment $10USD all day and kayaks are $10USD/hr...have a great vacation!

Thanks so much Tom!! :) Still unsure of exactly what we're going to do this day, so we may be swinging by your way too!! I've heard nothing but good things!!

If you are looking to enjoy "water toys" for the day go to Paradise instead of Palm.

Why do you say that? The prices seem good at both...we may not even snorkel or anything there, so we might just want to rent some floatie mats or something.

Actually, the water toys are at San Francisco Beach which shares a boundary on the south with paradise and on the north with Palm. 150 yard walk and you can do all three. The icebergs are in front of Paradise but can be seen and accessed from all three. San Francisco has a pool. The owner/chef at Palm was the chef at the most exclusive restaurant in town, La Cocay, before opening his own place. My friend got sick at Paradise but I didn't and I really enjoyed the salmon and cream cheese california roll at Palm Beach. Kind of different for a beach menu. The mats are free at Paradise, beers cost about the same at all three. The snorkel rental, jet ski, banana boats are all at San Francisco.

The above post by "cruzintheweb" has four and probably/hopefully five errors. I'm not allowed to correct them because in doing so, I could be seen as promoting PB which is against the rules.

Marlo, (cruzintheweb) if you want to know what they are, just ask....

We too are going to Cozumel next month and was looking at using the Palm Beach Bar and Grill Beach for our day trip off of Mariner of the Seas. The comment on the rocks and sea grass made me a little apprehensive. Did you end up going to the Palm Beach and how was it? How much was the taxi and how long did it take? Takes for your response.

I was at Palm Beach Club a few weeks ago and I can tell you that it was the highlight of our trip! The beach was beautiful, the food was great, and the beer was cold! What more could you ask for! Do not hesitate, go for the all inclusive!!!!!!!!!

Archived