Port Canaveral Hotels

lakemurraykid

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas in October 2014 and never having sailed from this port we are totally unfamiliar with what hotels are available. We would like a good hotel that will allow us to leave our car while we're on the cruise. If anyone can make a recommendation I would like to know what it is. We would prefer a hotel on the oceanfront and one with a restaurant so we don't have to take a cab for dinner. Thanks in advance.:)

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas in October 2014 and never having sailed from this port we are totally unfamiliar with what hotels are available. We would like a good hotel that will allow us to leave our car while we're on the cruise. If anyone can make a recommendation I would like to know what it is. We would prefer a hotel on the oceanfront and one with a restaurant so we don't have to take a cab for dinner. Thanks in advance.:)

If you are taking your car, why would you have to take a cab to dinner? We have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites a few years ago and would recommend them.

We're booked this weekend at the Comfort Suites Cocoa Beach park and cruise package. It's a block off the beach and has several restaurants within walking distance. When we get back I'll let you know how it is.
Have a wonderful trip.:)

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port. All have the park & cruise package. CI&S and RI have free breakfast. Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site as well as restaurants on both sides and a McDonalds across the street.

Since you don't sail until Sunday you might want to consider going over to Fishlips, Rustys or Grills late Saturday afternoon to be there to watch the ships leave that sail on Saturday go right past you while you dine.....really gets you in the mood.!!!! And if you don't want to drive your car a taxi will only cost about $10 to go over.

This is what we do........lots of fun!!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Of the 3 named closest to the port, (Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson Resort At The Port), can anyone tell me 1) if any of these have an airport shuttle from MCO and 2) which ones have a shuttle to the port?

TIA

Julie

Of the 3 named closest to the port, (Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson Resort At The Port), can anyone tell me 1) if any of these have an airport shuttle from MCO and 2) which ones have a shuttle to the port?

TIA

Julie

All three have a shuttle to the port. i believe Radisson at the Port has started picking up from the airport. The other two do not....

Courtyard and Comfort both have fly/ snooze/ cruise packages that provide transfer from MCO to hotel to port to MCO.

I booked the Courtyard due to higher rating on Trio Advisor. Total cost was 203.00

It's 3 1/2 miles from port 8 minute drive according to mapquest.

Fishlips , Grills, and Rusty's are about 5 miles away.

Edited by beerman2
Spelling. TRIP not trio

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a 8 day on the sunshine and we stayed at Cocoa Beach Suites and I was not impressed. The hotel inself was very clean and the staff were very polite and friendly. The hotel itself is outdated but for one night that is not a problem. The beds on the other hand were not very comfortable and the room size was not what I expected for a suite. The hot water was not all that great either. I guess for a cheap price and a one night stay it was ok but i like to enjoy all of my vacation and this hotel is not for me. I have another cruise booked for September and have already made my reservation at the Radisson because I have stayed there several times and its very nice and the price of the cruise package isn't bad at all.

Kathy NC

Got back last weekend. We did the drive and stay package at Comefort Suites, cocoa beach. EXTREMELY pleased. Hotel is older but clean and updated. We had a 2 room suite. Very nice. Breakfast was wonderful. We parked our car for the week at hotel. Hotel shuttle was easy to use both ways, it operates several vehicles continuously. On way back the shuttle was waiting and we were back to hotel quickly. Extremely easy. Our only regret is we did not stay longer than the 1 night at the hotel. Will definitely use it again and Port Canaveral is now our favorite port to go out of.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Radisson last year and it was dated as well as it had outside room corridors. I did not like the breakfast, but it was restaurant style and offered an omelet station. We used the park&cruise with breakfast package. We drove over to grills for an early dinner and to watch the ships sail away. This year I'm looking at the Residence Inn as my family is joining me and I want a 2 bedroom suite. I don't understand why the hotels at this port are so much more expensive!

Cheryl