cabanas and "new" rccl site

So the other day, someone had written that cabanas at nellie's beach sell oit quickly. We are 16 months from sailing, but I felt like procrastinating today. Not only did I discover a new rccl web design for planning my daily itinerary, but there were also cabanas available.

Now I got excited! So I go to book it, link it to all three family cabins, there are 7 of us total.... and it goes to confirm.... $1750! It charges $250 PER PERSON? Is that right?! I always thought it was $250 total. Before I call and sit on hold, I just wanted to be sure that I am not a huge cheapskate who thinks the cost of an entire cruise gor the use of acabana for a few hours is crazy....

The cabanas at Labadee have always been a set price for up to 6 people. If I remember correctly, the price ranged from $200 to $250 per cabana.

Thank goodness I'm not crazy. Guess its just another 'bug' on the website upgrade.

The cabanas at Labadee have always been a set price for up to 6 people. If I remember correctly, the price ranged from $200 to $250 per cabana.

Yes, I believe this is correct. So, when you book you pay $250 and that is for the person booking and his/her 5 guests. I don't know if you can have more than 5 guests.

Edited by luvscruising2007

Is the 7 going to be a dealbreaker? We are talking about a 3yr old and 4yr old as part of our 7. And if there is an onshore camp program (like disney has) i doubt we would even see these kids.

Yes, I believe this is correct. So, when you book you pay $250 and that is for the person booking and his/her 5 guests. I don't know if you can have more than 5 guests.

As far as what I've read about Labadee, and what I've experienced at Coco Cay, 6 is the max in a cabana.

Not to worry...the price is per cabana...I booked one in March 2013 and the price showed up as per person, but the bill was a straight 200 for up to six people. we actually were able to have 8 people share the cabana and there was no extra charge. Also, book as soon as you can because the price may go up. We loved the Cabana...hope you do too.:D

Just book it under your name then when you get there you give them six names....not a big deal if two little ones come and go.....nellies area is free to anyone .....only when booking barefoot beach would you be strictly limited to 6 and for that matter my recent confirm on barefoot beach cabana the concierge even stated...and I quote...."remember they only hold up to 6/7 guests"

The problem with barefoot is you actually have to be on the list to even get into the area....and that is not true with Nellies....so technically you might only have 4 people planned and then you meet some new people....no one is stopping guests from visiting you while in your cabana on Nellies....and it is very unlikely all adults and kids would all be there at the same time anyways

Personally I think more than 4-5 adults is too crowded in one anyways...but seeing as 2 of your 7 are kids you should be fine

So just reserve one and enjoy

Booked! Picked one up over the water, so excited! How am I going to wait 16 months!

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments.

question: When we booked our cruise, I was told by the RCCL agent, that we could not book excursions, yet. We are going in Jan. The cabanas are listed as an excursion for Labadee, so can I go ahead and start booking?

question: When we booked our cruise, I was told by the RCCL agent, that we could not book excursions, yet. We are going in Jan. The cabanas are listed as an excursion for Labadee, so can I go ahead and start booking?

If you can book the cabanas, I'd jump on it. They go fast.