Just Back - Carnival Glory 7/23-30

basketballmom

First, thanks to everyone for all your helpful tips. We found the secret decks at the front of the ship (only a few others found them too!)

We really had a great time on our first Carnival cruise. The Glory is a beautiful ship but it is so big! I think we did more walking around the Glory than we did in Univeral Orlando after the cruise!

Just a few things I know everyone asks.....The waterslide was open every day. Our DD loved it (so did DH). We found the ship to be very clean. Staff was very friendly, especially Ana at the Azure Bar and Lancelot at On the Green.

There were 3500 people on the ship and it never felt crowded. Yeah, there were lines at the buffets but what do you expect. Several mornings I never made it to the outer decks until after 9:30 and getting a chair was not a problem. Deck 10 is the best place to find a spot.

I know there are lots more things to tell you all about but it is midnight and we just got home from the airport. Post your questions and I will answer them inbetween loads of laundry tomorrow:)

hi cruiser, did u go on the eastern or western? we sailied the eastern last yr, doing the western in oct. was wondering if they changed the entertainment, after dinner shows? alot of musical when we went, i remember livin in america was one. hope they changed at least some of it. i remember a gal singing with movie star photos behind her. she wasnt near as good as she thought. in fact, we left. do u remember if the pool was filled before she sailed? sometimes they r filled so guests can swim while waiting to take off. if u sailed on the western, will u fill me in on the ports? sorry if i ask alot of questions, i know u r tired. cindy

Thanks for the review. I go on her next year and have been saving every tip I find. I probably have this written down somewhere, but can you tell me how to get to the secret decks? Was there a problem getting around since only one floor runs the full length. We are going eastern also, did you do some great excursions that you recommend? Thanks for taking the time to help.

I have read a lot about the secret rooms, can you fill me in on what exactly is in a "secret room" and where are they. We are sailing the Glory in October and would like to know. We are also on the 10th level near the front of the ship. Are they close to there? TIA.

It's not a secret room but it's more like decks...we were on deck 6 (upper) and we just walked all the way forward and there are two doors on both side of the ship. Just go out one of the doors and you are in a small area that is basically a "deck" in front of the ship. We stood there when we were coming into Key West - only about 4-5 other people there. Am sure they must have it on other decks as well - maybe just 6 & 7?

Mary

It's not a secret room but it's more like decks...we were on deck 6 (upper) and we just walked all the way forward and there are two doors on both side of the ship. Just go out one of the doors and you are in a small area that is basically a "deck" in front of the ship. We stood there when we were coming into Key West - only about 4-5 other people there. Am sure they must have it on other decks as well - maybe just 6 & 7?

Mary

Wow this is great information. Our cabin is forward on the upper deck. Can't wait to check this out. Thanks for the tip!

Sailing this Saturday on GLory EAstern--can't for the life of me remember when formal nights are in the dining room what days are they?? Thank you sooo much.

We too are going on the Glory-Eastern but not til October. This will be out first on Carnival. Wondering if you can get a copy each day of the "Caper" so I can see what it's like.

Thanks

Brigitte

Secret decks - go all the way forward on deck 9 or 10 and take the exit doors. If you enter out on 9 there are stairs to take up to 10 outside. Deck 6 and 7 are the same. Our last night of the cruise we stood up on deck 10 and watched an awesome thunderstorm until we got too close and had to go in.

We sailed the eastern route so I can't help you out with any western route questions. Although I have been to Key West (just wander around town on your own) and Cozumel, go snorkeling at Chankanaub Park. Take a taxi there instead of a ship tour. Much cheaper.

Formal nights were Sunday and Thursday. I have to say I saw quite a few people decked out. The photographers were pretty good too. You had many choices for picture backgrounds any night of the week. We don't usually purchase many pictures taken on board but our first formal night pictures came out so good we had to purchase a few.

Email me with your mailing address and I will copy the Glory capers for you. I don't have access to a scanner right now so I will be unable to email them.

I am hoping to get a review written shortly. In the meantime, I can tell you that the Glory is a nice ship. Although, Carnival promotes itself as "the party ships", I didn't find this to be the case on the Glory. It was a nice mix of things to do, although it was tough to get into Cinn-a-bar. We were able to sneak in there once. Standing room only was hard to get in there!

The shows are still the same as the previous poster stated. Living In America, Rock Down Broadway. The two comedians were very good and funny. We didn't go to every show. There was just too much to choose from.

There was so much storage space in our cabin. Luggage fit under the bed, no problem. Two large drawers under the couch plus on closet area was all shelving. Plenty of bathroom storage space too. Never needed the over the door shoe holder. Cabin Steward was great, Junior. We had towel animals every night. In fact, one night I came back and was disappointed that we didn't have a towel animal, just the Capers and mints. My daughter then noticed we had a hanging monkey that night! He was hanging in the corner by the window! Towel animals just make the cruise:)

Archived