Elation 7/10-7/17 2005

Marine wife

Just wanted to let everyone know what a great time we had. My husband and I went with our 19 month old daughter and his parents. We live in NC, but the parents live in TX. We flew into Houston on Saturday(my birthday) and spent the night so we would be there in plently of time to check in and board the ship. Embarkation was pretty smooth. We got there around 12pm or so and got right through. The life boat drill was miseriable. It was so HOT. His parents re-newed their wedding vows on the ship. It was the the most romantic thing I have seen in a LONG time. I highly recomend this to anyone wanting to renew their vows. The staff was great. THere was a wedding cake, champagne, flowers and a photographer. The one thing we had an issue with was Camp Carnival. There wasn't really anything to do with our daughter. She was old enough to do their activities. THey need to have things for younger kids. The play time they had was during lunch and we had to be there with her. We wanted a break from her sometimes as well. We did take full advantage of the baby sitting service they had at night. It was a nice break. The food was great. THere were so many choices that it was almost impossible to choose. We had a late dinner at first, but we talked to them and we got changed to 6:15 dinner. It worked out better for our daughter. Ely and Tina our waiters were GREAT!!!! Our room steward Terry was also great. We loved seeing the towel animals every evening. THe photograhers were everywhere. Smile here, smile there. We did end up spending LOTS on pictures. They do have you hooked. If you want a 5x7 you must first buy the 8x10. I'm sure they do that on purpose to get more money out of you. Progresso, was wonderful. The shopping was good at the local village. My husband and father-in-law went to the Mayan Ruins. They enjoyed the history. My mother-in-law and I enjoyed the shopping and the beach. In Cozumel my husband went scuba diving and had an amazing time. Me and my MIL went on the Atlantis Submarine trip. We loved it! You can't imagine how clear the water is and all the beautiful things you get to see. We ate at Senor Frogs and had the time of our lives. Thank goodness we were walking and not driving...haha. We enjoyed the beach and the beautiful blue water. In Belize we all went to the zoo. What a exciting trip. There are so many beautiful animals there. The rainforest is wonderful to see. We met a local boy named Omar that showed us around the town and helped us find a place that the locals eat at. It was awesome! The 2 LONG days back to Galveston was kinda boring. We wished that we could have stayed and checked out the ports a little longer, but it was only 7 days. The Debarking was pretty easy. We had out bags outside our door the night before. We got up ate breakfast at Tiffany's and headed to the Micado lounge. We had to wait for our color tag to be called. Going through customs was a breeze. It helps to have a US Marine present. We had a great time and will have to go again another time.

Hope that you enjoy your trip. It is lots of fun. Make sure you go to the shows, they are pretty amazing. What deck are you on? Did you know that there is a topless/sunbathing deck? We didn't know until the last day and we didn't take advantage of it. We heard that there was a creepy guy hanging around up there. Keep your eyes open for creeps. Smooth sailing!

Archived