Drink package/specialty restaurant advanced booking issue

So, I booked a cruise through an online travel agent. So far, I've paid my initial deposit and made another payment, totaling roughly half of the cost of mu cruise + prepaid gratuities. Both charges have appeared on my bank statement as being from Royal Caribbean, even though I made the payments to the TA. Speaking to the TA, they called RCCL and confirmed both payments have gone through on their end.

However, every time I go onto RCCL's site to book a drink package or specialty dining, it doesn't give me the option to book. It says : "You must make at least one payment towards your cruise vacation before you can book" (paraphrased.)

Anyone encountered this before? I'm not that worried about it, and wouldn't be unless I was paid in full and they were still saying this, but when paying through a TA, do you need to be 100% PIF before they'll allow you to add on?

You should not need to be paid in full to make reservations.

I'd call Royal and ask why you can't make reservations. They may be reluctant to talk with you since you are booked with a TA, but I'd be persistant because you need to find the reason for the problem.

Edited by clarea

I thought that you can only book those activities within 90 days or so within the sailing date, rather than the amount of money you have put down. My cruise I booked for May 2015 is not available nor expect it to be for quite a while until closer.

I thought that you can only book those activities within 90 days or so within the sailing date, rather than the amount of money you have put down. My cruise I booked for May 2015 is not available nor expect it to be for quite a while until closer.

This could definitely be the issue, but if so, shouldn't their site say : "These packages can only be booked within 90 days of sailing" rather than "You have to make at least one payment before you can book"?