Just have items for your cruise!

My must have item is:

My private stock of chocolate candy - Chocolate Pecan Caramel Patties!

This candy is sooo good, I hand carry a 10 day supply, enough to eat 2-3 a day. It is purchased in Philadelphia, PA and travels with me. I don't take a chance in putting it in a suitcase, it could melt. I carry it in a special tote bag that stays with me. LOL.

MUST HAVES FOR ME:

Prescription drugs that are in their labeled containers along with copies of the prescriptions if you are in a foreign country.

Contacts, glasses

Broken in shoes ( Shoes can be bought and replaced but they won't be broken in for extensive walking)

Passport

Credit Card/debit card

Travel documents/Reservations

iphone

Enough dollars or Euros to get me started on my trip

Bonine and Queasy Beads ( a more decorative form of sea bands)

Essential toiletries in my purse or personal bag for 1-2 days ( travel size toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.

a change of underwear

EVERYTHING ELSE IS NOT ESSENTIAL because you can buy it when you get to your destination. Prepare for the best case scenario rather than the worst :-)

NOTE: There is a difference between ESSENTIAL items versus packing light. Of course, I pack more items than I mentioned but I don't view them ESSENTIAL to my well being and safety. For instance I pack a few antihistamines, laxatives, anti-diarrheals, Tums, Gas-X, CARMAX, facial-hand wipes, SHOUT wipes, small pkg. Kleenex, bandaids, Moleskin, friction stick to prevent feet blisters, and blister bandages, etc. For long flights I always take my Bose noise- canceling headphones, sleep mask, and Travel Rest blanket and inflatable pillow. Always take my Wigwam socks to wear on plane because my feet get cold.

Edited by IWantToCruiseWithYou

A lot of mine are mentioned. I'd add a power strip. Not enough outlets in the cabin. I read a post above that says they're banned, but I've taken one on every single cruise we've been on and never had a problem.

Also...wall magnets. They're handy for pinning compasses, excursion tickets, etc, to the wall to avoid having a bunch of paper laying around on the vanity or bedside table.

Edited by shutterbug63

The one thing I have never seen on anybody's list is Witch Hazel...it is the best thing I found for bug bites plus works great for zits and has many other uses.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Forums mobile app