Carnival Liberty shows

We were on the Freedom last year and saw all the musical shows they had and enjoyed them. Apparently the Liberty still has the older-style shows with a band. Do all ships with the older style shows do all the same shows, or are they different with each ship? Would the same shows we saw on the Freedom be the ones on the Liberty?

It has been my experience that the shows are the same - different folks performing but basically the same thing. They don't change the shows often enough for those that cruise every year.

No, they are not all the same. There are some repeats on different ships, but they've got plenty of shows to spread around. I have seen the same country show on the Celebration, Holiday, & Dream. But all other shows & all other ships I've been on have had shows that I've only seen there. I had found a list of what shows are on what ships that is over a year old. According to that list, there are no repeats between Freedom & Liberty (except for the Legends show, obviously). That list said that Big Easy, Jump Jive & Wail, & Ticket to Ride were on Freedom before she received the 2.0 downgrades. The list says that Liberty has Singing with the Big Band, Just Rock, & Wonderful World (WW is one of my favorites). I have not been on either of these ships, but I've seen 4 of these shows on other ships, so you could come across some repeats if you keep cruising. Apparently, the previous poster had bad luck, catching the same shows on different ships, but it's highly unlikely that you will have very much of that. There are plenty of different shows spread around among half the fleet.

However, with these sad 2.0 Playlist shows they've put onto half the fleet, the ones without any live music, there are very few shows, so repeats will happen more easily with those. Not that it matters, as those shows are really bad.

Edited by k2excursion

Good to know. The shows you have listed for Freedom where the ones that we saw last year, and the ones listed for the Liberty we've not seen. I liked the first two shows on the Freedom, but probably not enough to watch them again a little less than a year later. Ticket To Ride however was really good and I wouldn't have minded seeing that again, but it would be better to have some new shows and that sounds like what we will probably be getting.

THANKS!