Booking cruise while on cruise obc questions

b_cruise

Hi all,

I will be on a cruuse in July. I would like to book a future cruise and get the obc. The problem is, the cruise I want to book won't be until July 2016 but the cruise schedule is not out yet. I'm thinking Alaska.

I undersrand i can book a different cruise and then switch as long as booking number is the same and keep the obc as long as I do not book ES. Is this correct?

Also can I change to ES?

Edited by b_cruise

Hi all,

I will be on a cruuse in July. I would like to book a future cruise and get the obc. The problem is, the cruise I want to book won't be until July 2016 but the cruise schedule is not out yet. I'm thinking Alaska.

I undersrand i can book a different cruise and then switch as long as booking number is the same and keep the obc as long as I do not book ES. Is this correct?

Also can I change to ES?

I have done it before. Book the Fun Select rate on any cruise. Then once you decide the exact date, call and change it to that date and the rate code you want. Make sure they know that the OBC you have is from booking on board and they will transfer it with the booking.

I believe it were me I would tell the loyalty rep on the ship what your desires are and they can advise..I believe what you want will work, other than switching to ES..

It has been my experience that the loyalty reps aren't very knowledgeable about bookings. I have had to convince more than one about the no solo supplement and other OBC issues.

It has been my experience that the loyalty reps aren't very knowledgeable about bookings. I have had to convince more than one about the no solo supplement and other OBC issues.

I sure agree with you about the reps. We booked a B2B on Liberty for next January. I said I wanted Military with the idea of changing to ES when I got home. She was really busy even though this was the 2nd full day of the cruise & her first day at the desk. She took the info & said she'd get the finalized bookings to me later.

Unfortunately, all I looked at was the cabin # and not how it was booked. Turned out one was booked Military & the other was booked ES. It was my fault for not checking the rate code. However, I did change the Military to ES after I got home so everything was OK.

Hi all,

Also can I change to ES?

Yes, you are correct. And you can switch to ES after you book it.

Please enlighten me... We are sailing (leaving this weekend, Conquest, 18th, 7 night) and we already know what we want to book for our next cruise while we are on this cruise.

Why wouldn't we ask for the early saver fare while on-board? What is the benefit of switching to ES after the fact?

We will be booking the Fantasy (5 night) for Oct 21 sailing. To get ES rate, won't we have to be booked prior to May 21st? (5 month cut off for ES rate?) If my math is right, we'll HAVE to do ES while on board because when we get home will be too late.

This will be our first time booking while on board as they have never been helpful with looking up info while sailing and the PC's are sickeningly slow (I wised up and figured out what we want to book before leaving home.)

Thanks for any info/suggestions...

Yes, in ur case book E S

In my case, I'm going to switch cruises so I don't want to pay a penalty. But when the cruise July 2016 comes out, I would like ES to hopefully get price drops.

Another question, is it two years that u have to sail?

Why wouldn't we ask for the early saver fare while on-board? What is the benefit of switching to ES after the fact?

Since you know the exact sailing you want you can book ES on board. I booked that way on the Conquest and it took all of maybe 5 minutes (I knew the exact room I wanted, etc.).

we booked es on the ship for breeze in 2013. After I returned, I had a job change and had to cancel and switch to a different cruise. I was able to keep my booking number but that was it. I lost $50 per person and the obc.

we booked es on the ship for breeze in 2013. After I returned, I had a job change and had to cancel and switch to a different cruise. I was able to keep my booking number but that was it. I lost $50 per person and the obc.

Really? I have read a number of posts and been told by my pvp that if ur obc was from booking onboard, u would not lose it if u change cruises. I am sorry that happened to u...hope I don't experience same or what is the point booking future cruise at that time really.

If I book a cruise while onboard, can I transfer the booking to my TA and still keep the future cruise OBC from Carnival? I am thinking, if this is so, then I can get an additional OBC from my TA. Has anyone ever done this?

• 4 weeks later...
How much OBC do you get for booking while on board?

Thx :)

I'd like to know this as well. I'm thinking of booking an 11 day cruise while on board and would like to know how much obc I would receive. thanks.