Must Do's on Carnival Pride?!!

Cruising on Pride June 8th out of Baltimore; 7 night cruise... Wondering if anyone knows things we should definitely do/experience!! This is our first cruise!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have dinner in the steakhouse at least once. Excellent food with great service.

David's Steakhouse, been there twice and both times the meal was fantastic.

Have dinner in the steakhouse at least once. Excellent food with great service.

The experience is not complete until you take the glass staircase up to the steakhouse.:D

We were on the Pride last week. If you like to listen to music/live bands, go listen to "Hi Lux" They play most nights in the Starry Lounge. They play a variety of music.

The serenity deck is fantastic, especially if you stay on the ship while in port.

Go to the piano bar at least once.

The hot tub in the spa is free and often empty in the evenings after dinner.

Ask the Maitre d' about the free galley tour or book the paid behind the scenes tour.

Check out the comedy shows. They are great! If you are offended by racial jokes, jokes of sexual nature, or just crude humor in general DO NOT GO THERE

Several people each show would get up and leave complaining the jokes were dirty, or racist or whatever their reasoning.

We caught all of the "variety" dance shows. They are wonderful. The male lead does a terrible Ricky Martin cover during on the shows that is just down right shameful, other than that they are pretty good. I don't even like music and dance shows all that much but even I found myself tapping my foot and enjoying myself.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but if its offered, do the towel animal lessons! They were with the assistant cruise director, and they were a blast. You make all the animals, monkey, snail, dog, elephant, and a few others. It's a good time!

Do the steak house, its good. The steaks are on par with an outback or such. I'm not going to say its amazing, but it is better than the MDR food.

My favorite parts that weren't so much activities but fun things to do.

Make sure you stand on the deck when you leave or come into a port. Its great fun watching the ship maneuver and swing around.

Also watching port runners if you are back on the ship early. If not you may be one of the runners! We stood on the deck and shouted at them and had a great time!

If you like to read, hit the serenity deck, grab one of those round couch things with the roof, and read. I fell asleep out there for a couple hours! My wife had to come find me.

Ride the water slide at least once. I don't care if you are 100 years old, get out there and ride the water slide!

I could go on for hours of the things I enjoy doing, just get out there and experience the ship. Each evening get your guide for the next day and read whats happening. There are TONs of things going on each day.

Just returned 1 1/2 weeks ago. I agree with the Steak House, but at least try their little cooking demonstration. It was the 1st or 2nd sea day. We tried it after many trips and it was fun to watch them cook and learn a few things,,,plus free tastings of what they prepare during the demo.

Starry Night lounge was really good,,,both groups that played in there were terrific.

Comedy was outstanding. If you see any shows see Vroom and I believe the other was Around the World. Both really good.

We did the Behind The Scenes tour on the Glory so as a first time cruiser you may enjoy that! Worth the $95 to do it. You only need to do it once no matter what ship you try it on.

Didn't go to the Piano Bar but heard people saying the guy in there is really good!!!

Most of these were already mentioned, but I'll add my vote:

* Try the hot tub on Serenity in the early evening when it is less crowded

* Catch Hi Lux in the Starry Night lounge (we especially enjoyed their Beatles set one night)

* Roger is great in the piano bar

* There are some fun "name that tune" type of trivia contests in the atrium

* Afternoon tea in the MDR