Just back from the Golden July 21 cruise

lkmamom

and all that I can say is WOW!!! I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all of the advice and ideas offered on this forum. All of your input helped to make this the best cruise that our family has ever taken. I am now officially a true blue "Princess cheerleader" because I could see nothing but a very strong effort by all of the cruise member staff to make everyone's cruise the best ever. This cruise staff was the absolute best that our family has ever sailed with. They could not have done more to make each and every guest aboard that ship comfortable. I have to admit we saw some very rude passengers treat some of the staff in ways that I could not believe, but they always responded in a very professional and courteous manner to each and every person.They really do care about what the cruisers are thinking and I saw many concerns that have been discussed on these forums addressed. Can they change everything to suit everyone? Absolutely not, but neither can any other cruise line. There will always be flaws. I really do think that they are listening and I know that cruise critic forums are read by the cruise staff so they really do try to do their best.

We really enjoyed meeting face to face with our cruise critic bunch. Our family's lives have been made richer by all of your friendships and I really hope that we can all keep in touch.

I am really jet lagged, so if not much makes sense right now, please excuse;) I will post more if anyone has any questions but I really just wanted to thank everyone for all of your help.

Linda

Welcome home, Linda! We're getting ready to follow in your path, leaving Saturday night for London then on to Southampton. We'll have to compare notes when we get back.

Hey Rob,

I told Rich and Frankie and Tim ( CD and deputy CDs)to watch for you. They are all so great, as are all of the cruise staff. I think that you will be impressed. The cruise critic party that they held for us was unbelievable. Most of the cruise staff were there as well as most of the entertainers and their wives. We really enjoyed talking with all of them. It was truly sad leaving them, they had all become great friends to us.

Cheryl's husbands chauffer service is absolutely the greatest and we have both said a million times that we were sooooo glad that we took advantage of that. Neil and Roger were great. It was so nice to have Neil there to take us from London and to get on the ship so early and then to have Roger pick us up so that we disembarked late ( a first for us). We were very comfortable and it was good to finally ride in a car again instead of another bus:D

I have to say, the people of the UK are truly some of the kindest and sweetest people that I have ever had the opportunity to meet. We feel so badly that they are going through such tough times right now with the terrorism issues and trust me when I say that most are very angry about it. I think that it is remarkable how they all just "carry on".Everyone that we encountered were so gracious and welcoming. What a wonderful country.

You and Margarett are about to embark on the greatest cruise and I hope that enjoy it half as much as we did. Tip: ask for an eggcrate or bed board because the mattresses are in deep need of replacement. But then again, I am sure that you will be in a PH suite and the mattresses are probably "Golden" there! Also, another tip: and this is only if you get hot on buses etc. I bought a little personal battery operated fan at Brookstone before we left, you would not have believed the grief that I got from Larry about what a stupid purchase I had made, but......we were both glad that we had it. The tour buses were very cramped for long legs like my husband's and then to add the stuffiness and heat, well my fan came in very handy;) Please say hi to all of the cruise staff for me. They are just the best, each and every one of them. Rich and Frankie and Tim are such great guys and Wil and Ivo what sweeties.The entertainment staff is great as well especially Kevin Hughes ( and wife Kathy:) ) and Duncan Tuck ( and wife Jennifer), and Paul Burton and I could go on but............

If I don't talk to you again have a great time and enjoy.....Rich is really looking forward to meeting you and having your cruise critic party!You will be impressed I promise!

Linda

Thanks, Linda. I look forward to meeting all the great people on board. If this cruise is just half as much fun as the last time we were on Golden Princess, I'll have nothing but good things to say. Too bad we missed each other by a couple weeks, it would have been a nice reunion. We'll be sailing with friends that we haven't seen in far too long, and that makes this trip a guaranteed success even before we leave port.

Archived