Freedom Of The Seas Cancelled for the month for Jan 2015

Smart move!!!!! Which cruise was that?

Make sure you let RCCL know that is why you did it!

Cheryl

Independence 10/25/15. Aquafest will be on it. I moved it up one day sooner to the Oasis.

I told the Rep why. He just sighed.

Ray, any thoughts on where to stay for the night precruise in FLL? I've been on the Florida board, but I thought being from the Sunshine state you might have a suggestion!

They are playing my song on the PC Webcam right now!!!! Zach Brown, toes in the water!!!!! Horns are tuning up for sailaway!!!!!!

Cheryl

Ray, any thoughts on where to stay for the night precruise in FLL? I've been on the Florida board, but I thought being from the Sunshine state you might have a suggestion!

They are playing my song on the PC Webcam right now!!!! Zach Brown, toes in the water!!!!! Horns are tuning up for sailaway!!!!!!

Cheryl

Sorry, I can't be much help on where to stay since most of nights precruise are spent in my own bed. One of the advantages of living here. I think I'll hit the web cam. Didn't realize what time it was.

There were over 1000 Rocky and the Rollers on board as well as several shag groups. They had the entire dining room for early seating, so everyone else had to do late seating. We and many others who had reserved early seating were not informed until we boarded the ship and found a note in our cabin saying we had late seating. MTD was only available after 8 PM. The Ice Show time we had reserved was cancelled so "they" could have their "Prom" or a concert at that time. The upper tier Cocktail Party was changed to 10 AM at the same time as the CC Meet and Mingle as the groups were using all the large venues at the usual RCCL times for their meetings and parties. So those of us who were upper tier members and CC members had to choose between the two parties and cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were not served at 10 AM. I could go on, but this gives you an idea. They got priority on everything and there were a lot of unhappy passengers on board.

I will do my best to never sail again with a large organized group.

Cheryl

What your describing is why I was glad that the May 3, 2015 FR cruise was totally booked by a group and we were cancelled out for that sailing. We won't have to deal with a big group and we got $400 onboard credit. We have sailed with a 1/2 ship charter and what your describing is what we were subjected to. It was on Celebrity in the 1990's before RCCL bought them.

Wow. What an overpriced cruise. I am not sure why people would want to book THAT cruise through the private site.
I could not believe prices either -- more than $7K for a JS. This is the cruise that our May 3, 2015 FR was cancelled for. Was glad it was a full ship charter.

Rocky has cruises booked for the Feb 1st and 8th sailings.

I hope you are free and clear by Feb 22!!!!!

Cheryl

Double Checked the Rocky and The Rollers Rockin' The Caribbean Cruise and they are not showing Feb. 22, 2015 as an option only Feb. 1 and 8, 2015. While I was waiting for the Re-booking desk to re-book our Jan. 25, 2015 cruise, I did check out Feb. 8 and there was not a lot of availability and it was not even offered by the re-booking desk. From descriptions earlier, the Rollers cruises look like they may be 1/2 ship charters.

I see that we have a Quilters Group onboard for Feb. 22. Has anyone sailed with that group? Is it large etc.?

Edited by SherriZ366

Yes, they were also on my Feb 9, 2014 cruise!!! There were only about 100 of them. They were very nice, polite, and caused no problems what so ever!!! I think they met in a business conference room.

I had planned to book on the Jan 25th cruise, but it was closed, so I was going to book on the Feb. 22nd cruise, but my DSIL couldn't get off from work that week.

Hopefully, March 8th will work out OK!!

Cheryl

How do I find out if there are any big groups on my next sailing?

Not foolproof, but you can try an internet search using the full name of the ship and various forms of the sailing date.

Thanks, just googled & didn't see anything. Our last cruise we had the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders but they were great and joined the roll call before hand. Plus there were only about 35 people in their group & they were in uniform & on their best behavior.

Yes, they were also on my Feb 9, 2014 cruise!!! There were only about 100 of them. They were very nice, polite, and caused no problems what so ever!!! I think they met in a business conference room.

I had planned to book on the Jan 25th cruise, but it was closed, so I was going to book on the Feb. 22nd cruise, but my DSIL couldn't get off from work that week.

Hopefully, March 8th will work out OK!!

Cheryl

That sounds good about the quilters. I didn't think they were a huge group.

Good luck for March 8 cruise.

Thanks, just googled & didn't see anything. Our last cruise we had the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders but they were great and joined the roll call before hand. Plus there were only about 35 people in their group & they were in uniform & on their best behavior.
We were on the same cruise with the cheerleaders and they were great.

We were on that cruise! Looks like we will be departing Freedom as you arrive next year. Happy Sailing. :)

Jax129,

I googled Rocky and the Rollers; 50's-60's cruise groups; and any other group I could find. They seem to book thru AAA, so maybe they would let you know if they have any groups you could cruise with!!!

I also went on the CC special interest group threads looking for groups on my sailing. I think i'm OK!!!!! Good luck to you!!!!!!

Cheryl

We were on that cruise! Looks like we will be departing Freedom as you arrive next year. Happy Sailing. :)
We are on FR on May 17, 2015 as you are. We had our May 3, 2015 FR cruise cancelled because a large group chartered the ship.

• 5 weeks later...